Who is M?

I was working at the flower cart one afternoon with Emilia when she smiled at me.

"So, you and Sherlock seem to be getting serious..." She said and I smiled like I did whenever someone brought him up.

"We are just enjoying each other's company. We have had a few dinners, breakfasts...not one after the other..." I said and Emilia laughed.

"I didn't think that, Portia. All I know is you two have been together a lot lately, even Mycroft has noticed a difference in his brother." Emilia said.

"Well like I said we enjoy each other's company and things are comfortable. I mean he skated around the point of courting me long enough." I said and Emilia nodded.

"Any idea on when Enola will be coming back for a visit?" Emilia asked changing the subject.

"No, she is willing to stay at school for the time being. I told her it's what Sherlock wanted and when she comes home, they will talk about what Enola wants to do in terms of working with Sherlock." I said.

"Working with Sherlock, that won't be happening." I heard a voice say as Mycroft came walking up.

"You can't really stop her Mycroft. She is Sherlock's responsibility and if he is willing to train her and let her work with him then I trust Sherlock." I said and he just glared at me. Ever since I had been with Sherlock, I wasn't scared of Mycroft anymore, I knew he wouldn't try anything again knowing Sherlock would find out. I started looking around to see if Sherlock was around, but I didn't see him.

"Looking for my brother?" Mycroft asked and I shook my head.

"Just looking around." I said and Mycroft smiled.

"Well, he isn't here, I do know where he is though." Mycroft said and I just shrugged.

"He is a grown man, he can be wherever he would like to be." I said.

"Even if it's with another woman?" Mycroft said.

"Mycroft! Stop spreading lies." Emilia said.

"I'm not. I just passed the small café on the corner, and I saw Sherlock sitting there with some red-haired woman. They seemed to be getting pretty cozy." Mycroft said. It took all my strength to fight off the rage and tears I was feeling all at once. Unfortunately, the rage was not as easy to hold back.

"Why must you try and keep Sherlock and I apart? Why much you always push?! I know he is your brother and I don't know why it bugs you so much that he is finally with someone." I said and Mycroft looked like he could have backhanded me right then and there but was holding his hands at his sides. I looked at Emilia.

"I need to go, I'm sorry." I said. I walked out of the booth and as I turned to leave, I ran into a hard body, and I looked up to see Sherlock. He smiled down at me and I pushed away from him.

"Excuse me." I said and kept walking away.

"Portia..." Sherlock said and followed me through the crowd. Once we got to the edge of the market Sherlock grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. "Can you please explain to me why you're running?" Sherlock asked and I groaned.

"Mycroft saw you." I said.

"Mycroft saw me where?" Sherlock asked.

"At the café with the redhaired woman." I said. Sherlock sighed and dropped his head.

"Oh Portia, I can promise you it wasn't what it looked like. Remember that case I told you I was working on a few weeks ago and the leads all turned up to one person?" Sherlock said and I nodded.

"Yeah, everything turned up it being the wife that did it." I said and he nodded.

"Right, well that was the dead man's sister. I had to break the news to her of everything I had found. We had just gone to the police station, and she was distraught. I took her to get some tea. I was going to tell you about it, but I didn't know Mycroft would see me first. You know not to believe my brother, he doesn't want us together Portia." Sherlock said and placed a hand on my cheek.

"I know, I don't know what I was thinking. I have lost my head." I said and Sherlock chuckled.

"Well, I think it's understandable. I mean I'm just such an amazing catch you're scared to lose me." Sherlock said and I rolled my eyes with a small laugh.

"Don't get too cocky Sherlock. I could always go find someone else in the market to take me out." I said went to act like I was going to walk away but pulled me back flush against him and my free hand rested on his chest.

"You sure about that?" Sherlock asked as he took his free hand and placed it under my chin, and I smiled as he dipped his head down to mine and our lips connected in a soft and small kiss.

"Well maybe not." I said once we broke apart.

"Can I please escort you home?" Sherlock and I smiled with a nod as I linked my arm in his.

We just started walking towards the apartment street and I couldn't pass up the feeling of being watched. I started looking around and Sherlock noticed.

"Portia?" Sherlock asked and I looked up at him.

"You ever get that uneasy feeling of being watched?" I asked and he chuckled.

"All the time, it's part of my job." Sherlock said and I sighed.

"Well, it's rubbing off on me now." I said and he shook his head.

"I won't let anything happen to you Portia." Sherlock said and I smiled at him.

Once we got home, I went down quickly to check on my mother and make sure she didn't need anything. She invited Sherlock and I to dinner, which he accepted before I could say anything else. We started up the stairs.

"You know you didn't have to accept the dinner invitation." I said and he shrugged.

"It's fine Portia. I mean we haven't spent much time with her since we have been courting and I realized I probably should have talked to her about it before we started." Sherlock said and I sighed while shaking my head.

"Why is it always a big deal to talk to the girl's parents. I mean once we reach a certain age, we should be able to make out own decisions. Is that we are sent to finishing school?" I asked and Sherlock sighed.

"Suitors just want to let the parents know that their daughter is going to be taken care of." Sherlock said as we reached my door.

"And what about you Sherlock, you going to take care of me?" I asked and he leaned in and kissed me again. This time I felt his tongue skim the seam of my lips and I let him in. After a few moments he broke apart.

"Shall we continue this inside?" Sherlock asked and I nodded. I unlocked my door and opened the door. Once it was open, I saw something that had been slid under my door. I sighed and picked it up.

"What is that?" Sherlock asked standing behind me, looking over my shoulder.

-Miss Hudson,

I see did not heed my last warning about staying away from Sherlock. You are just asking for trouble and are still being watched. I have seen the two of you looking very happy and cozy. You wouldn't want that to be ruined, would you? I can make it, so it is. Final warning Ms. Hudson, before blood is spilt.

With Sympathy, M-

"Portia, what is this and who is M?" Sherlock and I turned to look at him with tears in my eyes.

"I don't know." I said.