Losing something important

*Annabeth's pov*

Annabeth was seven when she first met Thalia. She had ran away from home. That's when she met them. Thalia and a guy name Luke. They were a tight knit family.

Of course, the gods hate her. Her stepmom found her and took her back. Since then, she hasn't seen Luke or Thalia. Her mom sent her to New Rome and had her live in the dorms the school offered. Annabeth wasn't allowed to have friends. They 'get in the way' of her education. Nonetheless, Annabeth made friends anyway.

Even if she made friends, she was distant. Too paranoid that her stepmom would find out. She desperately wanted to get close to her peers. She longs for friendship. But she can't make herself to do it.

Annabeth takes a deep breath, as Will pulls into the Artemis all girls school. It's been so long since she'd seen Thalia. It's been about 10 years to be exact.

Will parks his car and turned to Nico and Annabeth, "So, what's the plan?"

"We go in and ask for Thalia. If they don't let us in, I'll just dm her and hope she'll talk us." Annabeth said. To be honest, she wasn't so sure that this plan would work. The front office wouldn't let them see her and Thalia would never see her message.

However, she decided to dm Thalia early, hoping they'll respond

Annabeth 🦉@annabethchase: hey Thals, it's Annabeth. i know it's been 10 years but i have something to tell you

Annabeth 🦉@annabethchase: before Jason went missing, we were glue to the hip. i was devastated and really upset when i heard that the police said that she ran away. because that doesn't sound like him.

Annabeth 🦉@annabethchase: but me and three other kids found something. we're here at your school if you want to see us.

A few moments, Thalia responds.

Thalia @thaliagrace_: wait are you serious?

Thalia @thaliagrace_: i'm heading down rn

Annabeth responded with a thumbs up and pocketed her phone.

"Thalia said that they'll meet us in there." She said.

"Oh, good. We don't have to talk to the office people." Piper said, brushing a strain of hair behind her ear.

Annabeth glanced at Nico and noticed they looked uncomfortable. She made a mental note to ask about it later.

They buzzed the office, claiming they were there for Thalia Grace. The office let them in and there she is.

Thalia braids were blue and shoulder length. She was wearing a cropped black tank top that had a moth on it and black baggy cargo pants. The pants had skulls embroidered on the pockets. Annabeth realized that she'd been the one to embroider Thalia's pants.

It's been ten years and Thalia still fit those pants. To be fair, they weren't tall at all. She seemed to be the same height as she was when Annabeth last saw her.

"Annabeth!" Thalia shouted,  which caused the office lady glare at them.

"Hey, Thals."

"Shit, you've grown."

"Language, Miss Grace." One of the ladies said.

Thalia rolls her eyes and look back at the people behind Annabeth. "Who are they?"

"Oh uh, this is Nico, Piper and Will."

Thalia glances at Nico, who staring at their shoes. "I feel like I've seen you before. What's your last name?"