Chapter 10

"M'yara." someone said, gently pushing me.

"Hm- Yea?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning, sister. Wake up." the voice continued.

"Nooo!" I said. I didn't know why I was that tired.

"C'mon." another voice continued.

"Skxwangs." I said, slowly waking up.

"Are you okay? You went to sleep early the other night." Jo'ax said.

"Don't worry." I said. I was probably tired from all that happened with Ri'ox.

"We need to see Tsireya, she is going to tell us more about the Return of the Tulkuns." Loki continued.

"Let me dress up, maybe?" I asked.

They laughed and went outside, waiting for me on the ledge. As I finally got out, my heart sank. It was Neteyam.. with another girl? Why did I care so much?

"Hey guys, come meet Tesari!" Neteyam shouted.

"Coming!" Loki said.

"M'yara?" Jo'ax asked. He could probably tell I didn't want to go.

"I'm coming!" I answered.

"Tesari is a singer! She will perform for the Tulkuns' Return." Neteyam continued.

"You're very pretty." I told Tesari.

"Thank you! You are beautiful! All of you really!" Tesari said, giggling while looking at all of us.

"We should get going, Tsireya is waiting for us." she continued.

"Yes yes." Neteyam said, getting ahead and leading the way.

I chuckled. Oh my Eywa, did I just do that out loud?! I quickly turned around to face my brothers who looked at me and then laughed. I swear I turned red.

-

Arriving at the meeting place, our massive grey stone, the others that were already there greeted us.

"Hi! Hello, Tesari!" Tsireya said.

"What took you so long, snails?" Kiri asked, rolling her eyes.

"I hate you." Lo'ak said.

"I hate you times infinity, Lo'ak!" Kiri said, running after Lo'ak.

"AAAH!" Lo'ak screamed.

"Ahahahaha!" I snorted.

"Penis face!" Kiri continued.

"Bahahaha!" Neteyam bursted out laughing, while pointing at his siblings.

"Hey, stop it! You're acting like babies!" Tsireya shouted.

"Nah jit mad!" Aonung told Rotxo, smirking.

"What's wrong with you?" Tsireya asked, facing him.

Aonung quickly turned around when he saw the look on Tsireya's face.

"Are you always this chaotic?" Tesari asked.

I think that poor girl was traumatised and done with us. Oh well, at least she tried.

"Hahahaha- Ouch, my belly hurts from all of this." Loki answered.

"No, we're not usually like this. We have our days." Jo'ax stated, after forcing himself to stop laughing.

"Okay everyone, stop this madness!" Tesari shouted.

Oh. She was that girl.

Of course everyone stopped and looked at her, confused. They weren't expecting that from the pretty reef mermaid. I got second hand embarrassment and I snorted.

"Shit." I whispered beneath my breath, covering my mouth.

-

Neteyam

She snorted.

"Shit." she whispered beneath her breath, covering her mouth.

Tesari was pretty and talented, but she was that type of girl. The one M'yara hates. That's why she snorted. I couldn't help but smile. Oh, I'm such a dumbass. But, anyhow, I've got my eyes only on her. I couldn't care less for a pretty reef na'vi. I've been slowly, but surely, falling in love with M'yara for years now. She is intelligent, funny, sensible, romantic, beautiful...

"Bro, come on!" someone interrupted my thoughts.

It was Lo'ak.

"Coming!" I exclaimed.

Where were we going anyways?

"Tsireya will show us the village!" Lo'ak said.

"Everyone is getting ready for the Tulkuns' Returnal." Tsireya said.

"I believe we've already seen the village." M'yara said. Hmm.. Is she jealous? Even the thought of it made me smirk.

"Right! But you've never seen it prepared for the Tulkuns's Returnal Day." Tesari stated, blocking my way.

"What are we waiting for?" Kiri asked.

"Him." Rotxo answered.

We all turned around just to see Ri'ox. Disappointment.

"Hey, everyone! Sorry I made you wait!" Ri'ox quickly said, running towards us.

"Oh well.." I said, rolling my eyes.

Why would anyone care? I frankly believe he should crawl back under the rock he came from. We don't need another idiot in our lives, especially in M'yara's. He is in love with her. I don't know when, how or where that happenend, because he has known her for a few days.

"I got caught up with.. some family bussiness." Ri'ox continued.

"Don't worry. Let's go now!" Tsireya said.

"Where to?" Ri'ox asked, confused.

"We're going to the village to show you all the preparations for the Tulkuns' Returnal." Tesari answered.

"Oh.. And why so?" Ri'ox continued.

"Why so?" What kind of idiot doesn't want to see the beautifully prepared village? The effort everyone put in it? Well, Ri'ox.

"Cultural load. Also, my father's orders. He wanted everyone new to know and adjust to our traditions and customs." Tsireya answered. She didn't seem mad. Although, she never does. I don't know how this girl does it. She has such patience, it's unbelievable.

"I fell asleep here! Let's go!" Tesari shouted.

"Finally. We're moving!" M'yara said, nearly as quiet as a whisper. I know she doesn't want to hurt anyone, she's a very sensitive nature. It's just.. That's her way of coping. With our moving here, I guess? Or it might be something else. I don't really know. I wish I would, but we haven't talked in a while. It may be Ri'ox's fault, or mine, or hers, or even ours. It's quite sad, but it's because we know we feel different about each other now. We grew up, we developed some other feelings, so it's now hard to just talk. Have a simple, plain talk. Heartbreaking. I remember when we used to talk everyday, the whole day. Wandering through the Forest. My grandmother healing us when we would get bruises. I miss my grandmother. I miss M'yara. I miss her, but I don't. I want her, but it's better to keep distance, because maybe she doesn't feel the same, maybe she feels something for Ri'ox, but maybe.. there's a slighty chance.. just maybe..