Chapter 14

As I opened my eyes, a sun ray hit me. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, and I felt something. An arm holding me tight. I turned around and that's when it hit me.

"Ri'ox." I accidentally said, out loud.

Shit.

"Ri'ox! Ri'ox! What have we done? Shit shit shit!" I started panicking. What would my family say? I've disappeared all night! They might've been worried sick for me. They will kill me.

"Yes? Wha- It's everything alright?" Ri'ox asked in his sleepy voice, rubbing my back as I woke up and sat on the cold sand.

"No! What do you mean by that? How could anything be alright? We've been here all night!" I started shouting.

"Don't do that.. It's going to be okay. Your family loves you." Ri'ox continued, getting up.

I started quickly adjusting my loincloth, did my hair and dove into the ocean. I didn't know what to do. If I were to go home, I would be grounded for life, but that's all I could do.

"Where the hell have you been?" Jo'ax asked, spotting me while I was getting out of the water.

"Are you crazy?" Loki continued, as I was walking towards my parents, who were having breakfast with the Sullys on the beach. They spotted me aswell.

My mother hissed and my father threw the food far away. I was ready for the tantrum.

"Kid are you out of your mind?" my father yelled at me.

"You! I swear to Eywa you have driven me insane ever since we got here! Are you doing this on purpose?" my mother joined.

"Where have you been?" my father continued.

"You better start talking, young lady!" Jake joined.

Oh yes.. The disadvantage of having a big happy family.. When you screw up, it all turns into a big mad family.

"You have to understand, M'yara! We have all been so worried! You cannot do this! The boys searched everywhere and Neteyam didn't sle-" Neytiri said.

"Mother. It's fine. She didn't want to be found.." Neteyam interrupted her, facing me. He knew something.. But what? And how?

"If you could let me explain, perhaps-" I finally opened my mouth.

"Oh yes, please do! I guess you were just waiting for your princess treatment." my mother said.

"Go on!" my father shouted.

"I can not lie to you. The truth is, yesterday, after meeting the others, I was getting bored and so did Ri'ox." I started saying.

I couldn't not notice Neteyam's face drop. He was hurt, mad and confused.

"What the hell? Ri'ox?" Loki whispered.

"I know, but-" I started explaining.

"He is bad news." Jo'ax interrupted me.

"For once would you just listen to me?!" I shouted, out of nowhere.

Everyone looked at each other in confusion.

"I'm pretty sure you've all heard about Ri'ox and his family. And his family, truly is a bit scary, but-" I continued.

"You've met his family?" Loki asked, frowning.

"Yes, I-" I started saying, but quickly stopped as I got distracted by Neteyam, who got up from the stone he was sitting on, his face numb, and left.

"You will get soo grounded." Lo'ak scoffed in my ear, as my eyes were following Neteyam and my ears were going down.

"Shut the fuck up." I whispered in return, as Lo'ak was backing off.