𝟎𝟒 || 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

༻❁༺

༻❁༺

For the first time in months Nadia Grimes was able to let out a sigh in relief. Basking in the knowledge that she knew they would be safe once they awoke. Sinking her teeth into her small portion of squirrel the teenager let out a soft hum as she and her family sat around the campfire.

A prison wasn't what one would expect for a group of survivors to claim as a safe haven, but in all actuality it was the smartest possible place to turn. From the looks of their claimed camp the building seemed to be mostly intact. All the fences were still standing and most of the walkers they cleared so far were in uniform.

Of course Nadia didn't want to get her hopes up but she had a good feeling about this place.

After a full day of shooting and heavy lifting the group was able to clear the massive courtyard. Hauling the eighty-two walker bodies she counted they officially claimed the overgrown grassy area as their own. Setting down their sleeping bags Glenn lit a fire to keep the warmth alive in the dead of the late summer night.

Leaning into her mother's side, Nadia sucked on her bones to try and get a bit more enjoyment out of the light meal she was given. Closing her eyes to enjoy the peaceful moment.

"Mmmm... Just like mom used to make," Glenn sarcastically swallowed the last of his portion before throwing the bone in the distance.

Nadia's little brother lifted up his bowl of cooked squirrel and offered a bit more to his sister but she quickly shook her head, "Eat it," she whispered as the others continued to speak.

"Tomorrow, we'll put all the bodies together. We want to keep them away from that water. Now, if we can dig a canal under the fence, we'll uh have plenty of fresh water," one of her friends T-Dog planned out.

Hershel nodded, "The soil is good, we could plant some seeds, grow some tomatoes, cucumbers, soybeans."

The girl's eyes trailed down to her mother's bowl and saw how little she had yet to eat. At first she tried to silently get the lady's attention by holding up the plastic dish, but Lori seemed too preoccupied to notice. Instead focusing on her husband as he repeatedly walked around the fences, triple checking for weak points.

"That's his third time around. If there was any part of it compromised, he'd have found it by now," Hershel frowned.

"Mom," Nadia said a few times before having to tap her. "Mom."

Lori finally glanced back at her daughter as the bowl was brought closer to her. The brunette gave a light thank you as she removed her hand from her massive stomach and plucked a bone from the pile.

Beth Greene, a girl close in age to Nadia, moved a little closer to the pregnant woman with a grin, "This will be a good place to have the baby," Beth smiled from the other side. "Safe."