Hunter x Survivor Reader

Hi! Thank you so much @Monkey-Mode for requesting! I hope you enjoy reading! :)

Reader Warning:
She/Her pronouns
Slight cursing
Slight gore/gruesome scenes

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We're in Rayford now, passing through buildings to get on the other side of the bridge. It sucks, sure, having to go through an entire city, being burdened by an extra unnecessary amount of zombies. But hey, at least we've found more surviving people! Not all hope is lost!

But one thing... this one thing is certainly unnerving.

"Damn! That Hunter has been in my ear for Heaven knows how long!" Nick complained.

Yeah... The Hunter...

We can constantly hear him growling, and it's evident that he's following us. But, strangely enough, he hasn't attacked not one of us. Maybe he just wants to drive us insane, or maybe he's attracting zombies towards us... Whatever the case is, he is going to make me rip my ears off.

"Has anyone looked for it?" Rochelle asked.

"We can't. We have to keep our eyes on that actual threat— the zombies," Coach answered.

"The damn thing is a threat to my eardrums!" Ellis said.

"Let's just keep going. He'll leave us alone eventually, or he'll come out. And if he comes out, we can kill him," I said, trying to relax the group. They were all clearly tense, and so was I, but focusing on the Hunter would only slow us down.

So we did. We continued up the street, following the glowing lights that illuminated a small area in what seemed to be a park. As we approached the spot, another constant sound could be heard besides the Hunter. It was crying, the crying of a female. That crying was all too familiar with us.

"A Witch!" Rochelle whisper-yelled.

We carefully walked into the spot, and I quickly realized that this was a wedding— was. The Witch was sitting in the gazebo in a tattered wedding dress, bawling. Even if she was infected, I still felt so bad for her. This must be rough on her.

"I see it!" Ellis said.

"See what?" Coach asked.

"The Hunter! I see it!" He held up his gun and aimed awfully close to the Witch. Looking closely, I could see him too. His hooded head was peering through the bushes, but if Ellis shot at him, he might startle the Witch.

"Wait!—" I called out. I was too late. He blasted his rifle and the bullet completely missed him and hit the Witch's shoulder. A shrieking wail echoed through the park, and it was evident that she was pissed.

"Shit!"

Shit was right. Instead of going after the one with terrible aim, Ellis, she charged at me. Curse you, Ellis!

Her long, vile nails dug into my skin as she ruthlessly scratched at me. I was desperately trying to shoot at her, but I couldn't do much as she had me pinned on the ground, quickly bloodying me up. Even more unfortunate, her screaming attracted a horde of zombies. I felt so screwed, like there was no way I was getting out of this alive.

But finally, someone pushed her off of me. It was quite a weird sight. I couldn't identify who it was, but I could tell they were wearing all-black clothing— clothing that none of our teammates wore. The push, too, wasn't... right. It felt inhuman, like it was of skills no man could possess.

I struggled to sit up, but managed, and applied pressure on my many painful wounds. While the others were still shooting at the horde, I turned my attention to the Witch and whoever attacked her.