PDX10

October 31st 2022
Dallas, Texas
10:20 pm

Amina usually didn't celebrate Halloween, but after Chalyn convinced her she was down with it. They took a pregame shot on FaceTime and headed to Blue's of course. On top of the costume competition, they were hosting a karaoke night, which Amina was ready to participate in. Since going to Blue's was the new norm for her, the staff was able to call her by name now—Chalyn too.

"What song we doing?" Amina asked as she bit into the Hennessy infused cupcake. As tired as she was of people making Hennessy infused foods, she still wouldn't turn it down. "It don't ma—" Chalyn managed to get out before they were called to the stage. Chalyn grabbed Amina's hand and practically dragged her to the stage.

"What song y'all doing ladies?" The DJ questioned, Amina and Chalyn looked at each other before laughing. Chalyn leaned over to the DJ and whispered something in his ear, he nodded his head and began to type on his laptop.

"You look cute girl!" Another girl exclaimed from the crowd, "Thank you girl." Amina lightly chuckled. Shortly, a tune that activated something in every bad bitch began to play. Chalyn handed the second microphone to her friend as they waited for their que.

"Ayo, I was on the plane with Dwayne You can call me Whitley I go to Hillman Listen, I'm the baddest in the school, the baddest in the game Excuse me honey, nobody's in my lane When you was in New York you was fuckin' the Yankee I was fuckin' with base, I was pitchin' to Frankie These bitches so cranky, get 'em a hanky M-mommy, I'm cold, gimme my blankie." Amina and Chalyn rapped together, word for word bar for bar. Amina knew there was a reason she liked Chalyn, anybody who knew itty bitty piggy by heart was Amina's kinda bitch. Nicki was always known to get the crowd hype, and everyone in the club was just that.

"It's like I just single-handedly annihilated
You know, every rap bitch in the building
Like, like I'm Nicki Minaj, Nicki Lewinski, Nicki the Ninja Nicki the Boss, Nicki The Harajuku Barbie
Like, I mean I don't even know why you girls bother at this point Like give it up, it's me, I win, you lose
Hahahahahaha, oh shit." They continued to rap, they finished off the rap with Nicki's last little speech before leaving the stage, earning claps and cheers from the crowd.

"Can't go wrong with Nicki." Chalyn chuckled, Amina nodded her head in agreement. Chalyn ordered her usual blueberry lemon drop and Amina decided to stay sober since she already had the infused cupcake and ordered a water with lemon.

"What you posed to be?" Rashad asked as he approached them from the other side of the bar. Since Amina wasn't planning on coming out, she didn't have an official costume. Instead, she wore a pink velour tracksuit with a pair of bapestas. "A bad bitch." Amina answered, grabbing her drink.

"Fuck outta here." He lightly chuckled, sliding Chalyn's drink to her. Amina rolled her eyes as she waved him off. "And what are you supposed to be?" She asked, grilling him. Whatever he was—he looked good as fuck.

"Rashad." He cockily answered, "Fuck outta here." Amina replied, slightly mocking his accent.

"You finished my stuff?" He questioned, Amina furrowed her eyebrows together. "What stuff?" She questioned back.

"That lil crochet shit—you too young to be forgetting like that." He replied, Amina slightly rolled her eyes. She couldn't tell if he was joking or not once again, he was so monotone. "I didn't know you were serious about that." Amina spoke.

"I'm deadass." He voiced, continuing to eye her. "I got you." Amina assured.

"You ain't gotta bring it to me—Women don't bring niggas flowers, I'll come get it." Rashad spoke, Amina furrowed her eyebrows together.