-/Origins part two\

Evie heard the start of a beeping sound and immediately smacked her alarm clock-- oh, it was her phone. Right. She already packed up her alarm clock.

She groaned and swiped the alarm away, and the beeping stopped. She then sat up in bed, and rubbed her eyes, sliding her glasses onto her nose bridge. It was time to load everything into the helicopter. The jet would be here in an hour.

She stretched and smoothed out the clothes she slept in, then checked her notifications. There were ten goodbye messages from friends, YouTube notifs, and the usual. She quickly responded, then slipped her small bag over her shoulder.

"Come on, little mutt." Evie said to Luppe, opening her bag for the kwami.

From where the little wolf had been "napping", she opened one big eye to look at Evie with a glare.

When the kwami didn't move, Evie walked over and scooped the mutt into the bag. However, she got bitten in the process and cursed under her breath as small bead of blood welled up on her skin. Whatever, she had to go. So she picked up a tote of items and started making her way up to the roof.

~~~

Evie whipped her brow clean of sweat after running through the house, and stood straight beside her mother Lilith, with her father Roderick on the other side.

"Evangelian. finally. What took you so long?"

Her father asked rhetorically, without even looking at her.

Evie withheld a sarcastic retort. This was her father. No use in being defiant, because he could make her life miserable with the snap of his fingers. Not that it wasn't already... Evie's father Rodrick was the CEO of a local multi-billion-dollar phone company by the name of AlphaOmega, and her mother Lilith was a mostly stay-at-home mom, but she also held large shares in her father's company.

All in all, Father never had time for her. Though that was more of a blessing, perhaps.

The jet landed on the mansion's roof runway, its dark red reflecting some of the moon's sheen. The family of three and a pilot climbed into the jet, and then they were off.

Evie settled down and pulled out the script for one of her upcoming movies, and read through it carefully. Even though she hated acting, she was still expected to practice. And so for the next forty minutes to an hour, this was how it went. The three sitting in silence, with Evie and Roderick on opposite sides from one another.

~~~

They were mid-decent when the jet went below the cloud cover, and Evie sucked in a breath as she saw the new scene unfolding in front of her. It was still dark out, so she could see moonlight reflecting off of the winding Seine River cutting through the center of Paris. Almost right next to it was the Eiffel Tower, with the Trocadéro gardens visible at its base. Down the river, the louver was visible to the north of the seine in its classic pyramid shape. With the waning gibbous over the scene, it was something the greatest photographers would die for.

All in all, Evie felt an odd sense of excitement as the private jet settled down on top of a massive mansion in the seventh arrondissement. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

Immediately when they landed, the new staff could be seen waiting for them on the roof.

Evie's father exited the jet and gave all the new servants a single nod of acknowledgment, and then made his way into the house following a group of maids. Lilith came out next, but shook hands with some of the staff instead of walking past immediately.

Evie slid out and bowed to the pilot, then made her way inside as well.

The stairs inside wound in a spiral downward, and the steps were made out of a black marble veined with white and dark teal. The railing was black as well, with intricate swirls shaped out of metal.