-/Origins part four\-

Evie entered the house dreading what was about to happen. She had totally missed her chauffeur and had to walk two hours to get back to the seventh arrondissement because Marinette and Chloe got her lost. Her phone was nearly out of battery now too.

She tried to be discreet about her entrance, but of course, Mother was all over her in moments.

"Evie! Gold, are you alright?" Lilith asked frantically, squishing Evie's cheeks and examining them from left to right. "When Hugo came back without you, I almost strangled him! I thought something horrible happened to you! Never scare me like that again." her mother sighed.

"I'm fine, see, mom?" Evie stated, pushing her mother's hands away.

"Fine. but go to your room. Mostly for worrying me." her mother said with crossed arms. Evie just shrugged and began her ascent up the spiraling marble staircase.

"You know, Lilith is just worried about you," Luppe commented.

Evie halted and glared at the small wolf momentarily before shrugging and continuing to go up the stairs once again. "Yeah, but sometimes she worries about me too much. That's when it gets annoying."

"Well, that was one of the reasons Lilith was a better wolf miraculous than you," Luppe growled snarkily.

Evie flinched slightly on the side of her face luppe didn't have a good vantage of. "Yea, yea. My mother was 'the most perfect holder ever.' sorry to break it to you, but since she renounced you, you're stuck with me now. So I guess you better get used to being handled by a bad holder." Evie snapped, losing her temper slightly.

Luppe growled. "You think you're a bad holder? You're just plain bad. You can't even handle a simple task like getting home on time. How do you think you'll be able to handle fighting crime?"

Evie rolled her eyes and walked the rest of the way to the third floor, making sure to keep her anger in check this time.

But in the back of her mind, a dark voice said, "Akumatize his heart, and unleash his rage."

~~~

Evie lay on her bed as her dark green eyes scanned her phone. Her medium-length dirty blonde hair was out of its bun now, because laying down with that was really uncomfortable.

In fact, she zoned out so hard playing Candy Crush that she almost totally missed it when something dark passed in front of one of the windows of her loft.

She looked up quickly and locked eyes with an owl girl, who just as quickly swung away.

Without thinking much of it, Evie continued her game but then blinked. Wait. An owl girl?

She quickly jumped to her feet, confused.

"Luppe, did an owl superhero pass in front of my window, or am I hallucinating?" Evie asked the wolf, who was currently in animal form lying splayed out on a desk.

Said wolf flicked her ear in annoyance, but then dissolved into a silver light, reappearing next to Evie in kwami form.

"Well, I don't know. Since this is you we're talking about, it was probably just a bird slamming into your window." Luppe said snarkily.

"It could also be Esprit's holder. She was lost like me during the dark ages." Luppe yawned.

"Who's Esprit?"Evie asked.

Luppe materialized back into wolf form, lying down on the ground.

"Me and Esprit are two of the four values of the moon." The wolf explained. "Truth, Lies, Fortune, and Wisdom. Three of the four values were lost, leaving only lies behind. Nobody knows where we went, or our miraculous box. But that's not important now."