Frogs [A.E.V]

Artemis Estelle Viperae (OC) (She/They) x Female Hufflepuff Reader (She/Her)

Art Above by Raiden Riot (me!)

Is this me making a oneshot to promote my OC x Merula Fanfic? Yes it is. But to be honest I just wish my OC would get a little love. If you don't care for the OCxCC ship then it's fine but please consider reading it just for my OC and her story, cause Artemis means a lot to me. You don't have to but please consider it. My girlfriend is the only one who reads that book ;-; It's called Snake in a Mousetrap. Please go read it!

Also just in case you haven't seen the Characters page, Artemis (she/they) is a lesbian so I'll only write romance oneshots for them from a female perspective (I'll consider platonic oneshots for male readers). Artemis would probably date a non-binary person, however she does have a preference for femme presenting people sooooo yeah. Just keep in mind this OC is lesbian.

This takes place after Chapter 9 of Snake in a Mousetrap (though this oneshot isn't canon in that book) and around the time of the Prefect quest in the game.

Contains : F R O G S, fluff, reverse comfort for panic attacks, LESBIAN ENERGY

Hogwarts was known for its strange events that took place within the school. From the cursed vaults, to loose chimaeras, it seemed like something was always going on in the school. Not all of the events at Hogwarts were life-or-death situations, and were usually just strange shenanigans. Today was one of those cases.

"Ribbit! Ribbit! Ribbit!" A chorus of croaks rung out throughout the courtyard, frogs scattered everywhere and anywhere. Y/N stared with wide eyes at the scene before her, not sure what to think of the situation.
"Tonks," Y/N spoke, slowly turning her head towards her pink-haired friend. "What did you do?" Tonks looked down, shifting her feet.
Tonks chuckled nervously, "I uh, I may have dropped a couple of frog spawn soaps in the fountain. Sorry." Y/N sighed and shook her head, placing her hands on her hips as she continued to take in the scene.
"Well, I wouldn't be a good prefect next year if I didn't enforce the rules. I'm going to have to take points away from you, and you'll have to help me gather all these frogs." Tonks nodded, rolling up her sleeves.

"Felis! Come back!" Y/N and Tonks froze as a voice called out from behind them. The two girls turned just in time to see a pudgy green frog leaping towards them, a brown-haired Slytherin chasing after it.
"Artemis?" Y/N muttered, raising her brows. Felis jumped past her, disappearing into the crowd of frogs. Artemis skid to a stop as she stared at the courtyard, Felis nowhere in sight.
"What's going on? Why are there so many frogs?" Artemis exclaimed, trying to scan the group for Felis. Tonks sucked in a breathe, rubbing the back of her neck nervously.
Y/N sighed, "Long story. Tonks and I were just about to gather all the frogs. Though it looks like we have you find yours too..."
Artemis sighed with a nod, "I suppose so. I guess I'll be spending my evening with you!" Y/N froze at this statement. Artemis? Spending the evening with her? Y/N gulped. She hadn't known Artemis for very long, only having met her through Barnaby, so she wasn't quite sure about her feelings towards the awkward lonely Slytherin. But it was obvious. Y/N had developed a crush on Artemis. But a crush was just a crush. That's all it was.
Tonks glanced between Y/N and Artemis. Tonks raised her brows, gasping in realization when she noticed the dark red blush dusted across Y/N's cheeks as she stared at Artemis' nervous smile whilst she chased after the frogs. Tonks chuckled, elbowing Y/N in the elbow before joining Artemis in the frog corralling.