3

Aizawa yawns, rubbing his eyes as they approach the Support Course Workshop, "Alright, as I said your device doesn't exactly give us time to give you a tour. I'll find you during your lunch hour to show you the entire campus but until then..."

He knocks on the metal door before sliding it open. The man doesn't even lift his head from his desk, somehow completely deaf to the clunking coming from his student in the corner, "This is Mr. Maijima, better known as Power Loader."

Aizawa expects the teacher to wake up, though has to hit his hand on the desk to get his attention, "Damn it, Hatsume- oh."

"This is your new student."

"Right, uh," he stands, nearly knocking over his energy drink before sticking out his hand, "Nice to meet you, Deku No Last Name. I'm Mr. Maijima, but most of my students just call me Power."

Hesitantly, the student shakes his hand, "You forgot your shirt."

Aizawa internally groans, grabbing the boys shirt collar, "I told you, teachers wear their hero costumes."

But PowerLoader just chuckles. Most of his kids were socially awkward, and he learned to enjoy the direct ones, "Well, hopefully you'll learn some manners here. Glad to have ya."

Deku tries to pay attention to the adults conversation, but his eyes keep wandering around the room. It was chalked full of tools, chalkboards with blueprints plastered all over them- it just might be the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen.

He was still gawking when his foster dad pulls over a pink haired girl, "This is Hatsume, she's going to show you around to all your classes this morning."

"Are you a genius?"

"Um," her eye contact was intense, as if she was staring into his soul. He couldn't help but take a step back, "I don't know."

"Technically speaking, yes," Aizawa admits. It's not like the kid would get a massive ego, probably didn't even know just how smart he was. Still, the kid could use a confidence boost, especially in such a challenging environment.

"That's great!" She grins at him, grabbing his hand to pull him over to her work station. Aizawa smiles to himself when he sends him a panicked glance over his shoulder.

"This is my work station, well, ours now I guess you'll take the other side but don't worry I'll clear it off of all my stuff- do you want to see my project? Well, I have four projects currently though two are practically finished I just need to work out the kinks, but Class 1B is coming by this week for upgrades on their costumes so you'll get to do that pretty early on..."

Deku lets her go on, half listening to her rambling, but mainly just taking in the absolute chaos that is this space. But weirdly enough, he's able to figure out her organization by projects, and finds himself studying the blueprint that's pinned up.

His breath catches in his throat as he whispers, "This is... this is amazing, Hatsume-San."

Aizawa takes a look at the boy, a gentle smile covering his face. This was just the first step.

Deku doesn't notice when his foster father leaves, instead zoning back into the conversation with his classmate.

She shows off a few of her projects, leaving the two to discuss structure and materials until the rest of the class files in. She's a bit strange, but so is Izuku, and he quickly finds himself beginning to like her energy.

He has to introduce himself in nearly every class, and he doesn't figure out why there's always an empty seat next to his new friend until they're split into different groups for the AP Coding class.