chapter six

The driver had taken us back to the Mexican villa.

   We walked through the mansion confused. Once we entered the backyard we saw Doug sitting by the pool.

   "Doug!" I shouted my brothers name.

   "Guys!" Doug happily said. He stood up making his way towards us.

   "Get your ass back over here!" Black Doug yelled, pulling his neck collar. As he pulled Doug back we walked up more and saw Marshall.

   "Leslie Chow never lived here. You didn't break into his old house, you broke into my house." Marshall muttered.

   "I don't understand..." Phil mumbled.

   "You didn't get back the gold he stole from me, you got the other half that he didn't." Marshall informed us.

   "Oh, my god!" Stu groaned. I sighed holding my head in my hands.

   "Y-you mean the half he never had?" Phil stuttered.

   "He's a world class rat and you four were his accomplices." Marshall hissed as he pulled his gun out. Phil quickly pulled himself in front of me, shielding me from Marshall.

   "No, no, no, no!" Stu whined.

   "We were trying to help you, we thought you'd be happy!" Phil shouted.

   "He lied to us!" I added. I couldn't even see Marshall because Phil's shoulder was blocking my view.

   "Thank you so much! Thank you for ripping me off! Thank you for desecrating my home! And thank you for killing my fucking dogs!" Marshall shouted.

   "We didn't kill your dogs, they're just tranquilized!" Stu quickly explained.

   "Oh, right. You don't know. Chow snapped their necks on his way out." Marshall shook his head.

   "We specifically told him not to kill the dogs!" I yelled.

   "Somebody's gotta pay!" Black Doug sung.

   Marshall nodded his head, "He's right." He quickly aimed the gun at the two Doug's.

   "No, no, no, no!" My brother yelled

   "Doug!" I shouted. I pushed Phil to the side, trying to make my way towards Doug and shield him some how. Phil quickly grabbed onto my waist and held me tight in his arms.

   *BANG* Marshall pulled the trigger and the bullet hit Black Doug's chest. Black Doug died on the spot, falling into the inground pool.

   "Holy shit-" I gasped.

   "It's okay, it's okay. He didn't hit Doug." Phil whispered breathlessly into my ear, attempting to sooth me as he still held onto my waist.

   "Ahhh!" Alan loudly cried.

   "My head of security. Couldn't stop four fuck ups and a Chinam*n with a pair of wire cutters, unreal!" Marshall sighed as he stared at Black Doug's dead body floating in the pool. He then looked over at Alan who was legit peeing his pants, "Oh, man. That's okay. I know it's scary." He turned over to the driver, "Hector! Run upstairs and grab a pair of sweatpants for Alan here."

"I'm a 44 slim. Can you bring me a few options?!" Alan yelled out to Hector as he went inside the house.

I gently pulled myself out of Phil's grasp and stood my his side, nervously biting my fingernails.

"You found Chow once, find him again. And my gold." Marshall hissed.

"We don't even have a car." Phil huffed.