Chapter 93 Trader

"You didn't like it?" The Old Lady looks shocked.

She never thought that someone actually would not want such a book. Everyone who has been given that book didn't come back and they knew it was because they like the book.

The most shocking thing was that the one who didn't like it was her Granddaughter. The Old Lady has been updating the painter about what they thought about the book.

She can't say that 'my granddaughter didn't like it' to the painter of the book.

Hu'er feels so awkward. She wanted to say 'I can do better', but then remembered that if she did make one, they would question her.

How did you know how to mate? How do you know that it looks like that? Have you ever done that? And many more questions that might question her and couldn't answer why…

Since Hu'er can't say it, she made up an excuse that wouldn't make anything suspicious and not hurt her Old Grandmom's feelings. "I didn't… Maybe because I don't know those things?"

The Old Lady saw how confused Hu'er is. She nodded and felt what Hu'er said is right, "That's true… If you don't know what it is, you wouldn't feel anything…"

Hu'er remembered that she brought the book and looked for it. "Oh! Here's the book. You can just give it to Song Li. Don't tell him it was mine, Old Grandmom."

"Alright…" The Old Lady thought that maybe Hu'er likes it but knew that Song Li doesn't have a copy, so she gave hers to Song Li.

The Old Lady smiles. Hu'er has always been sweet. She will do what Hu'er said and ask someone to give it to Song Li.

Hu'er on the other hand put the matter behind her. "These are the pouches I made too!" She happily showed one pouch to the Old Lady.

Then, shyly ask, "Can I trade this to our Tribe?"

"Hmm? Let me see it." Interested, she wanted to see how far Hu'er learned how to sew.

"Here." Hu'er gave the basket to the Old Lady.

The Old Lady inspected every pouch and nodded. Hu'er did learn well. Hu'er has been learning how to sew ever since she gave those pouches to her mates.

The Old Lady knew that Hu'er is a fast learner. Her stitches are very clean and she even put some designs on the pouches.

The Old Lady put all the pouches into the basket and thought it through. She looks at Hu'er and said, "It's very pretty but our tribe doesn't have any use for this. However, our Tribe will let our traders out again. They can trade it there but there is no guarantee what they would trade it for."

The Old Lady is right. The tribe didn't have use of it and might only trade for it because it was Hu'er who made it.

It's much better to trade somewhere that the pouches have a great use, especially for those tribes who don't like sewing things and just do trades to get clothes.

Hu'er nodded with understanding, "I'm alright with that. It is already a great help. Thank you Old Grandmom."

"It's a small thing. Are you ready for our lesson then?" She put the basket away and took the scrolls.

"Yes."

While Hu'er is learning things under Old Lady. Her Daddies are lining up to Jiu Hu. Besides Jiu Hu is Ke Rin, Min He, and Shun Su.

They are very serious about their work.

Ke Rin would recheck the pulse. While Min He and Shun Su will be writing the reports.

Ke Rin knows that Hu'er wants them to do checkups because she is worried for them. So, he will make sure that all the reports are right.

Shun Su and Min He is very cautious with writing their reports. It must be accurate and something that Hu'er can understand.

"I'll go first." Jia Ting stepped in and gave them his wrist.

Hu'er rushed home with Ke Rin and Jiu Lin. She looks so worried. While the two look helpless.

When they arrived at their home, they were all still on the first floor. No one is speaking, just waiting for Hu'er to come home.

"Daddies…" Hu'er is breathing heavily. Jiu Lin gave her some water.

"Hu'er." They looked nervous and stood straight.

"You guys are so strong eh? Keep working like that! What will happen if you guys suddenly get all sick?" Hu'er pursed her lips, and red eyes, she resisted crying.

No one spoke so Hu'er looked at Jia Ting, the only healthy Daddy she had. "Daddy Jia Ting, make a working schedule for them. They can't work from before sunrise to after sunset anymore. If they need something from outside, let someone get it. There will be a schedule for when you can go out. For ten days you will have one full day of rest. That's it for now."

"Alright." Jia Ting nodded at her. He did like her idea.

Thinking the Tribe might say something about it and might misunderstand them for being lazy, Hu'er looks at Shu Su, "Bring the extra report to the Tribe Leader. And don't overwork yourself too."

"Yes." Shun Su embarrassingly scratched his nape.

"You too Ke Rin. You inhaled too many toxins and lacked exercise. All those who have toxins in their body must start getting healthy. And those who have hidden wounds and old injuries must rest their bodies.

How about this… Before sunrise, all of us will exercise, eat food then take a bath. After that, you can all do your work. Stop working when it's eating time. You can't and mustn't forget to eat! Rest when you can rest." Everyone agreed.

Hu'er sighed a relief when she saw they obediently agreed. She went up with the report in her hand.

She sat down on her fur blanket. Looks at the report and sighed. Except for Jia Ting, all her Daddies need rest. Some of the complications are because of their work.

All the physicians, including Ke Rin, have so many toxins in their bodies. The others have injuries because of their work as patrol, hunter, and miner. Most of them are lacking in nutrition and timely rest and food.

'Overworked. Sooner or later they would overwork themselves to death. Must fix it!'

Suddenly, something flash in her mind.