Chapter 2

"Fill out your details on this form and add it to this file when you're done" The school principal said passing me a file and a separate piece of paper which I assumed was the form.

"Okay ma" I said, looking through it and filling out my information. I hovered over the name section and debated if I should fill out Pandora. I completed the form and used a stapler she provided to staple it to the file. I set the file aside and started gathering the other materials she gave me earlier to take with. Which included my school uniform and other school materials.

"Amarachi Eze?"

"Yes?" I looked up from the books I was trying to force into my bag.

"The file from your last school says Pandora Eze" She had a confused look on her face.

"Erm that's because my first name is Pandora, but my parents think it's best I use Amarac..."

"Fill out your full name" she flung the file in front of me interrupting the lie I was telling.

I begrudgingly wrote down Pandora above the line provided for names. It now read Pandora Amarachi Eze.

I hate my name.

Who the hell names their daughter Pandora?

I passed the file back to the principal and she looked me up and down before putting it away in a drawer.

Geez woman, calm down.

"Because the term is already in section, you'll need to study hard to catch up with your mates. Once you're settled in, get the notes from your class mates and update yours..." while she was talking, a really pretty tall girl walked into the office and stood by the door. Waiting for the principal I suppose.

"Good evening ma" she said smiling. She sounded really sweet and looked to be around my age.

I wouldn't mind being her friend.

"This is Blessing. She's one of your roommates and also your class mate. She'll show you to the dorms and help you get settled in"

One of your? ONE of your?!!
Christ goodness!
I knew I'd be sharing a room but I didn't know I'd have to share with more than one person!

"Amarachi!" I turned to look at the principal. She looked annoyed.

God what is her problem?

"Were you not paying attention?"

"Erm I wa..."

"Save it. Stand up and follow her. She'll take it from here" She said dismissing me.

I stood up, gathered my things and rushed after Blessing who had already left the office. I caught up with her finally and I was breathing hard from having to run up to her.

"Please can you slow down?"

"I have better things to do with my time. Walk faster" The smile was no longer on her face and her tone was no longer friendly.

Huh

She stopped in front of a large door and knocked on it.

"Yes!" The door opened a little and a smallish looking girl who also looked around my age stuck out her head.

"Oh that was quick. You must be the new girl. I'm Ste..."

"Please save that for later" Blessing interrupted, pushing her out of the way and walking into the room.

"The ice queen is at it again" The girl by the door said, rolling her eyes.

"Do you need help with your bag? Your luggages were brought in when you were busy with Mrs Florence"

"Yes please. And who's Mrs Florence?" I asked confused

" The Principal. I'm Stella by the way, what's yours?" She asked, taking my bag from me and leading me into the room.

"Amarachi" I looked around the room and noticed there were 4 beds. The room was small but tidy and there were 2 desks, one by the window and the other by the door. A side of the wall was painted in my favorite color, yellow. Sweet!

"Oh you don't have an English name?" Stella asked interrupting my thoughts.

"No, just Amarachi" I'll be damned if I tell anyone here my name's Pandora.

Blessing snickered from what I assume is her bunk. Top bunk. Of course, cue eye roll.

"Ignore her. Amarachi is a nice name. Everyone doesn't need an English name" Stella said. She dropped my bag on the bed directly under Blessing's. Ugh

" Our new friend here is a little liar. She has an English name. Pandora. I don't blame her for lying though" She laughed, passing my file to Stella.

"Why are you with her file?" Stella asked, not taking it from her.

"Oh it's meant for the housemistress. I was stuck babysitting her so I'm going to go find the HM now, she's your responsibility now" she said pointing at me. She jumped down from her bunk and left with my file.

" Don't mind her. She's always like this with every new girl. She doesn't want anyone stealing her queen bee status. Plus you're really pretty. Na jealousy dey do her" Stella rolled her eyes and went to lock the door.

I was really tired from the trip and had no energy to process anything. I'll handle the "queen bee" later.

"You're coming from Abuja right?" Stella sat on the bed opposite mine.

"Yes. How did you know that?"

"Everyone already knows that. Rumors spread like wild fire in this school" she laughed.

"Speaking of rumors, can you please not tell anyone my name's Pandora? I'd rather be known by Amarachi" I said, looking through the closet and hanging up my clothes.

"Yes Amara. I won't. It's Blessing you have to worry about"

Blessing.

" Well thanks. I'll talk to her about it"

I opened up my last luggage and started folding my clothes into the empty drawers which I assumed were mine.

"Oh I've been meaning to ask, do we have another roommate? Cause they're 4 beds" I asked still folding my clothes and putting it away.

"Yes. Her name is Onoja. She's in the common room, serving her punishment" she flipped through a novel, lying down on her bed with her legs out.

"Punishment? After school?!"

"Hahaha yes! Why are you surprised? She broke dorm rules so she's serving her punishment. She has one more day of punishment left. She'll be back in few minutes and you can meet her then. It's almost time for dinner. Do you need help?"

"No thanks, I'm done with this. So we have dorm rules?" I was still stuck on that.

From one prison, to another. Fuck my life.

"Yes. Duhh. After dinner the HM will send for you. You'll be given the rules then" she was still reading through her book.

"Oh God!" I sighed loudly and Stella laughed. I joined her laughing.

I like her.

"Open up bitches!" A voice called out from the door followed by a knock.

" That must be Onoja".
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Don't forget to vote and drop a comment! Xoxo ❤️