Chapter :24 Alive and Kicking

Elena met Davina in a coffee shop. Davina came in and said,

Davina: Hey. Is everything ok? 

Elena: Yeah. Why?

Davina: You sounded urgent, so I had to ask. What did you want to talk about?

Elena: That boy Kaleb, I don't think he is a good guy.

Davina: Seriously, boy advice.

Elena: D, please. I got vibes from Kaleb that he is a bad boy. So, don't get too attached to him. He is ok as a friend. But not as a boyfriend

Davina: Says the girl who's in love with the original psycho Hybrid, who killed mom.

Elena: Davina. Our mother left you, me and Elle. You didn't even meet her.

Davina: As if you did. (Seeing Elena quiet and gasps) You meet mom? Did Elle?

Elena nodded. 

Davina: This is unbelievable. 

Davina walks out. Elena knew she was angry, and this was not the time to go behind her sister. She maybe a tribrid, but she was nothing compared to her little sister when it came to magic. She saw Kaleb coming towards her and she groans. 

Kaleb (Sitting on the chair): Warning your sister about your Soon-to-be brother-in-law, are we, Darling.

Elena: Your soon-to-be what?

Kaleb: Please. Everyone can see the way you look at Nik. And I though you trusted me?

Elena: Well, I had to warn her. I'm willing to give you a chance if you tell me what are you doing here, Kol?

Kaleb: I'm keeping my part of the deal. Keeping your sister safe.

Elena: Whatever. I need to go home.

Elena went home and saw Hayley and went to talk to her. 

Hayley: Where were you?

Elena: I went to warn Davina about a certain Mikaelson brother.

Hayley: Ahh.

Elena: And was talking to the said Brother.

Hayley: Oh. How did that go?

Elena: He called himself my soon-to-be brother-in-law. 

Hayley: Whoa. Really?

Elena: Yeah. So, what did you do?

Hayley: Well, your boyfriend took me on a witch hunt, which was fun and then helped me with the pack. 

She also tells Elena what had happened with Klaus and the pack.

Elena: Wow, that's new. And I'm ready to kick Oliver's ass.

Then Elena's phone rings. She sees a text from Kol which says,

"We need to talk right now."

Elena: I need to go. The said brother just texted me.

Hayley: Go. I'll go to Davina and try talking to her about him.

Elena: Listen, I'll take care of D and Kol. You take care of the pack. Just call me when there is a meeting or something. And I'll join you. Even if it means kicking Oliver's ass.

Saying this Elena vamps out of there. She meets Kaleb in the same coffee shop.

Elna: Hey, you called. Did something happen?

Kaleb: Nothing yet. There is a war coming up and I need you to promise me you will be safe.

Elena: I'm gonna go on a limb and guess. This has something to do with your mother, right?

Kaleb: Yes, Darling.

Elena: Well, thanks on the tip. Anything else I need to know.

Kaleb: I took your sister on a date. If that is Ok with you?

Elena: Since I'm willing to give you a chance, Ok. I need to go home. Bye Kaleb. 

Kaleb: Bye, Darling. 

Elena saw Hayley come in the compound. The both of them heard Klaus and Elijah in the Dining area. 

Klaus: I'm going to kill her. I will boil her and feed them to the dogs if that's what it takes.

Elijah: Niklaus...

Klaus: What? What could possibly be more important that the return of our mother?

Elijah: Our father. I saw him there in the flesh as you do now. He was enslaved with some spell cast by Davina. He holds the stake. If she chooses to release him...

Elena/Hayley (Entering the room): Davina did what?

Klaus: Well, then. There is only one question we need to ask, isn't there? Which one of our parents do we kill first? 

Elena: Oh shit.

Elijah: Sister. What do you know?

Elena looks at Hayley and Klaus.

Klaus: Tell him, love. He's going to find out anyway.

Hayley nods to that.

Elena: Kol's back. We have a deal with each other. I won't tell you guys he's back and he's looking after Davina for me. I just went to meet him. He said there was a war coming up. And wants me to be safe. And I know this has something to do with Esther.

Klaus: And he's right. Our mother is behind this.

Elena: I think he is secretly on our side. I mean he is watching Davina for me and telling secrets of Esther. Maybe I can find out what Esther is planning exactly. Me and Kol are getting close. What do you guys think?

Elijah/Klaus (Look at each other and say): Absolutely not.

Elena/Hayley: Why not?

Klaus (To Hayley): How could you possibly agree to this?

Hayley: We can win the battle if she tries to find out.

Elijah: And if she gets caught for this, 

Elena: I won't.

Elijah looks at Klaus and he motions him to talk to her.

Klaus (To Elena): Love, please. I don't want you to get into any trouble. Me and Elijah will handle it. You don't need to worry about it. Could you do me that favor?

Elena: Ok. I'll not try anything with Kol, but you will have to include me and Hayley in this war between you guys and your mom. Deal?

Klaus: Deal.

Hayley: Elijah?

Elijah: You have my word.