Chapter 18

"Run! Run Katie!" Silvan cried out but I didn't move. "Leave me! I'm only slowing you down!" He said and held onto the wall next to him. The gunshot wound on his left thigh was bleeding furiously, painting his whole leg red.

"I'm not leaving you behind!" I screamed back at Silvan, making the dark alley echo. I ran over to him and slung his right arm over my shoulders.

"There they are!" Shouted a masculine voice far behind us. My head snapped back to see five big shadows closing in on us. I looked at Silvan and I used all my strength to rise up but Silvan just stared at me and didn't move.

"Katie- don't." He said and gave me a look that said that he was deadly serious about this. But I wasn't leaving him.

"I've already said it! I'm not leaving you!" I shouted to him and quickly glanced backwards, they were even closer now. Silvan grabbed my hand firmly and looked into my eyes.

"If you're not leaving me," He said and stood up on his one good leg. I tried help him but he wouldn't have it. He stood on his wobbly legs and let go of my hand. "then I've got to leave you." My eyes shot open wide as Silvan turned around and had his hand to the wall. He glanced at me one last time and held up his gun.

"Come get me, you bastards!" He shouted at the INET personal and fired some shots up in the air. "Try and get me!" He said again and turned to look at me. "Now, you run."

"Katie!" Silvan shouted at me and shook my shoulders. I shot up in sitting position, almost banging my head in his face and giving him a nosebleed.

"You had a bad dream, that's all." He said and I noticed how I was soaked in sweat. Silvan softly smiled and sat down by the side of my bed.

"I did?" I panted out and wiped off the sweat on my forehead with my hand. I turned my head to the right and tried to look at the clock in the dusk.

03.16 am.

"Of course it's in the middle of the night." I said and sighed. Silvan nodded softly, making his sleeping T-shirt lightly wave by the movement.

"You're still shaking, Katie." Silvan said and pointed to my hands. I was actually shaking furiously. "What were you dreaming about?" He asked and tilted his head slightly.

I don't remember.

It's okay.

"Well, I think you should get some sleep then. It's Sunday tomorrow." Silvan said and began to stand up from my bed, but I caught his wrist, making him stop in the middle of it.

"Wait." I said and Silvan slowly sat down again. He tilted his head even more and looked worried.

"What is it? Are you in pain?" He asked and I let go of his wrist. Now, he looked confused mixed with care.

"N-no it's-" I said and swallowed hard. I couldn't actually be thinking about asking this. But I was and it felt surreal. "Could you maybe... You know s-sleep in my be with me?" I said and the last part just came out like a squeak. My whole face was as hot as an inferno but I kept talking. "You know I'd feel a lot more safer-"

"Sure. Of course, Katie." Silvan said and smiled softly. Did he just say yes? Or was I just going crazy?
"If that's what you want, then sure."

"I-I-" I started but Silvan just climbed over me to the other side of the bed and laid down, looking at the ceiling. This whole thing jut got 3x more awkward. I slowly sank down from my sitting position down to the pillow and laid down on my bed the same way as Silvan did.

"You're still scared of that nightmare, aren't you?" He said and turned around so he faced me. I didn't know what to answer so I just nodded. "Have you dreamt it before?"