Chapter 6- First Met (Alex & Mark)

Alex took a break working in Blue Storm for his boss know this could make everyone happy. Alex then slept at his home happy and not stressed, he sometimes take a stroll with his Chevrolet Silverado and chills out driving in the highway..

Kevin is at his office while Alex met Me at the mall.
It all started to this...
"Can I help you with that mate? I see that you got a handful of those grocery bags." Alex said while taking a glance from the bags
"Oh, no thanks. Thank you by the ways." I said feeling a bit insecure
"I insist" Alex said with a grin in his face
"He seems like a pretty nice guy, well I do need some help here."
Finally I handed some of my grocery bags to Alex, I find it satisfying carrying less bags and cut out weights.

"Bring it up here." I said pointing at the back of the car "I'll do everything starting here. Thank you.. umm, sorry didn't got your name. My name is Mark " I added. While shaking hands with him.

"Oh, I'm Adkinson by the way, just call me Alex" he smiled and removed his hand from me and added. "Oh well, I'll be going now!" He said while walking farther from Me.

"Thanks Alex!"
Alex stopped and responded
"It doesn't hurt to help, Mark!"

"Good guy." I whispered myself. "Too bad I wasn't cool enough."

While I was busy putting all the groceries in my car, Alex is out on the street looking for vacant cabs to ride in.

"Damn, I'm gonna be late for the speech, if I knew there'll be no cabs travelling at this time I should have bought my car-"

*Honk* Honk*

A car came out of nowhere as Alex was stunned and made his jaw drop.
the car known as Audi R8 rolled to his position while the owner brought down his window and stopped.

"Maaaark???" Suprised, Alex covered his mouth

"Come on, what are you doing standing there? I'll take you wherever you want to go. I just want to repay that thing you did the past few minutes that's all hahaha"

"Danng, seriously? This some really serious shit bruh."

He walked around while glancing at the car and finally sat down at the front seat, for an Audi R8 has a two seating capacity.

"I didn't realize! I mean I didn't ughh You Know! The basement is not full of lights, and yours is at the dark side of the vacant parking lot, I can't see anything!" Says Alex while doing hand gestures.

"Well, it doesn't hurt to help, right Alex?" I said
"Well I'm in kind of a hurry, I'm late for the speech," Alex said while he took his cellphone out of his pocket.

"You're giving a speech?" I said feeling a bit suprised, I thought he was working for the government, but I just kept it in mind.

"Actually, no. My friend do, I'm just attending, it's pretty important for him that I would come at his speech."

"Well, I'll give you a boost then..."

After a not-so-short-ride we finally arrived and Alex got out of the car.
"Hey Alex, do you mind if I'll go with you? Cuz my girlfriend is at a sleepover so I can't really disturb them now because you know... it's a girls thing."

Alex Chuckled.

"Sure no Problem! I'll wait for you here while you park."

"I think they're starting" says Alex while taking a glance at his celphone, again. "Let's go." He added
"Yes."

As we walked forward, we came across a security guard, Alex took 2 steps away from me to talk to the guard but I still can hear them talking, but I really didn't mind because I was busy looking at the structure of the building for it amazed me.

"C'mon Mark, it's on the 2nd floor."
I nodded, then we walked ourselves up using the stairs, then slowly I saw a bright light from the chandelier hanging above shining through the transparent door we are heading to with chrome plated handle bars, then a black and red tied suited man came to open the door for us and greeted us with a smile, As the door was opened, I can feel the air as it runs down to my spines for it was cold.

Then another suited man like the one before, brought down an elevator from the 5th floor and left us with no greetings, not like the other one did seems like he was kind of a hurry, so I didn't mind him.

"This place, it's amazing! You're friend must be a millionare for reserving a slot! He might be richer than me." I chuckled

"Oh, this is nothing. Wait till you see the 2nd floor, where the speech will be taken." As the elevator stopped, it swiftly opened.
I was amazed for it was 2 times more majestic than it was! It was pretty big for a conference room. Then a suited man appears and lead us to our seats so we sat down and heard the speech loud and clear.

"... Thank you." Was his last words from the speech and then I heard a thunderous applause from the audience who stood and cheered for minutes. After all of that, Alex introduced me to Bob, his friend. He was wearing a tuxedo for crissakes. We also became friends, shaked hands. He also took me a brief tour of the building, it has swimming pools, a cafe which is so elegant, and more!

But Bob was not contented so we went on a fancy 5 star restaurant, we stayed up late, watching the moon traverse the skyline, fueled by Bob's triumph, talking and drinking with his friends, exhilarated by how easy and predestined it all seemed, the man who could deliver a message that could illuminate the hearts of these people born to stone

as I was about to go home, Bob shows us why he loved the city and then force-marched us around the block.
It was on West Twelve Street that we received a more treacherous, but no less definitive, view of the city. From far down the street we watched an old woman hobble down the stairs of her brownstone, pausing on each step to wait for her senescent, barely ambulatory French poodle to follow her. There was an imperturbable dignity to the slow descent of both the woman and the dog. The poodle and the lady were of the same general coloring and their walks revealed that they had aged harmoniously by developing the same generous limps. When she reached the sidewalk, she did not see the man appear suddenly behind her and we did not have time to scream out a warning. He was fast and professional and knew exactly what he wanted. He snatched her two gold earrings off her pierced ears, bringing the poor woman on her knees and tearing the flesh of her ear lobes as she came down hard on the sidewalk. Then he grabbed the gold necklace around her neck and ripped it violently until it broke. The woman began screaming and bleeding from the ears. The man punched her in the face and stopped the screaming. Then, he began walking away from the woman with a studied nonchalance, unhurried and calm. But he had made one serious tactical error. His avenue of escape took him in a direct line towards Alex and Me.
There were many terrible things in the south, but we were unanimous in how to treat young men who mutilated the ears of old women with poodles. He crossed the street and broke into a run when he saw us move up to challenge him and heard Bob blowing the hell out of a police whistle. Alex fanned out wide, moving low and fast, as I cut off his line of retreat. I heard a bottle break behind me. The mugger pulled a knife and I heard the small click and saw the flash of the blade as I made my approach.
"I'll cut you, motherfucker," the mugger screamed as he turned and ran straight for me, the knife pushed out before him. I stopped dead in the middle of the street and removed my belt in a single motion, wrapped it around my wrist until a foot of leather and the buckle swung free. He lunged for my throat with the knife, but I stepped back and swung my belt. The buckle snapped against his cheekbone and opened a cut below his eye. He screamed, dropped the knife, looked at me once, then was flattenes by the blindside charge of a consensus All-American high school line backer who smashed into the mugger's spine and drove him face down onto the hood of a thunderbird. Alex held the man's hair with one hand and punched the back of his head with the other, breaking the man's nose on the crumpling hood of the car. Then the crowd engulfed us, screaming neighbors, gray-haired vigilantes who poked at the man with their weapons and made known their desire to dismember him before the police arrived. Bob had placed a broken Coke bottle against his jugular and we could have hear police sirens in the distance. The old woman, attended to by neighbors, wept softly on her stoop, the poodle licking her bleeding ears.
"Nice city you got here, Bob," Alex said, giving the mugger another shake. "Nice.Fucking.City"

------------------
Hello guys, since this is my third time working on an action thingy I think, so I'm still not quite good at it . Feel free to vote and comment! :D also, a very big thank you for my readers :)
Ps. In this story I'm Mark, obviously.

Chap7 on the way :)