5

James grabbed his inkbottle and placed it on the top right end of the parchment.

"Here, you can just hold this end" he mumbled, Regulus quickly obeyed. It didn't improve their embarrassing situation by much, but Regulus could at least straighten a little so his cheek wasn't threatened by James's touch. They were still too damn close. As James leant in to write, Regulus had to stare at his ear.

James's quill scratched on the parchment, getting on Regulus's nerves quickly.

Scratch, scratch, scratch. It just wouldn't stop.

"This is ridiculous," Regulus snapped. Both of his arms were going numb, especially the one tied to James's waist. He yanked it sharply, hoping to free himself.

"Ow!" James winced but didn't look up. "Stop it Black, It's pointless."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise you wished to stay like this as long as possible." Regulus lowered his voice, edged closer, and asked "Is doing something for you huh?" He leaned in and blew over James's ear. James rewarded him with a gasp and a shudder. "Hmm, it does, doesn't it?" Regulus grinned.

"Ugh" James shuddered, scooting away as much as he could. "If by doing something you mean making me feel nauseous, then yes,"

Regulus mouth ghosted hotly over James's neck.

"Black!" James spluttered and turned, trying to move his head away. He couldn't move very far when he turned to glare back at Regulus, their noses were only inches apart.

Regulus stared at James's face, mesmerised. He has never been so close to him before. Merlin James's eyes were blue. Maybe it just seemed that way because of the lighting or perhaps because Regulus was looking at them through James's glasses, or because James's eyelashes were dark and long, framing James's eyes with contrasting darkness. It was the most intense blue colour Regulus had ever seen- Or maybe he had gone insane. Why the fuck was he staring anyways?

"What are you doing?" James asked.

It was a reasonable question. Regulus wished he knew how to answer it.

"I'm bored" he claimed. Now that he thought about it, blowing over James's ear had been a very odd thing to do. Entertaining at the time, yes, but odd. Why had he done it?

"Really?" James asked in mock suprise. "Bored during detention? But they're such a blast normally."

"Normally, I don't have to stare at the ugliest person in school."

" I don't see how you could possibly do that without a mirror."

Regulus narrowed his eyes, and, failing to think of an appropriate comeback, he yanked his body sharply to the right. Expectedly, James choked, his free hand flying to the ropes on his neck. Even though distracted, James retaliated almost immediately by pressing his hand firmly to Regulus's crotch. Regulus was ready for him. He grabbed James's fingers and twisted them back cruelly. James grimaced in pain, swung his right arm towards Regulus and grabbed a fistful of Regulus's curls, pulling on it savagely.

"Fuck!" Regulus cried. "Really Potter?" He panted as tears gathered in the corners of his eyes. "You such a fucking girl!"

Regulus grabbed James's hip and tried to crush his squirming body with his arm. He only managed to pull James even closer to his chest.

"Let go Black" James said in a strained voice, obviously in as much pain as Regulus.

Regulus squeezed James's body even harder, hoping he'd cause him enough pain to make him release his hair. However, James refused to budge and he thrashed around. In the midst of their struggle, Regulus felt James's lips brush against his temple before James's warm breath tickled his ear. For a second, Regulus thought James would bite him, but James merely growled, "Let go," again.