Chapter 2: What happened?

"Miss Grimshaw! Mister Swanson!" Yelled Dutch, "get over here! We need help!" Charles, Dutch and Hosea lifted up Arthur and Brought him to his tent. "Place him down on his cot" said Hosea, they placed him down in his cot and Arthur let out a groan In pain.
Miss Grimshaw ran over with her medical supplies and mr Swanson with his cloths and clean water, "give him and us some space!" Miss Grimshaw said while kneeling down next to Arthur, "your going to be okay Mr. Morgan" said miss Grimshaw.

-ten minutes later-

Hosea and miss Grimshaw were insides Arthur's tent, Charles and Dutch were outside worrying and talking, "Mr Matthews to respect Arthur's privacy, would you change him out of those ragged and dirty clothes?" Miss Grimshaw asked, "of course" said Hosea moving over to Arthur, miss Grimshaw left Arthur's tent and started re-ensuring Dutch, Charles left to clear his mind.

"Okay Arthur let's see here" Hosea said to himself, he grabbed some of Arthur's  cleanish clothes and started to get Arthur changed.
He stopped midway of changing Arthur's clothes, was horrified by the site of Arthur's legs they were all bruised up and bloody. He had bruises, big bruises from his inner thighs up to his lower back, Hosea may have known of what had happened, although he won't know fully yet. He finished changing Arthur before tending to his wounds that were all over his arms, "your home son.. your safe.." said Hosea to Arthur who was still unconscious. Hosea sat there watching over Arthur. His son.

-In the morning-

"Hey old girl.." said Dutch, "hey Dutch.." said Hosea, slowly looking away from his unconscious son and up at his secretive lover, "go get some sleep, I'll get someone to watch him for you", "please Hosea" said Dutch, while putting his hand on the back of Hosea's neck and rubbing circles on his neck with his thumb.
"Okay.. maybe get Charles to watch him, I trust Charles" said Hosea standing up and giving Dutch a kiss on the cheek before leaving Arthur's tent. Dutch went over to Charles and requested that he would stay and watch over Arthur, Charles went and sat into Arthur's tent.
Arthur had moved in his sleep reaching his arm out like he was scared. Charles notice and grabbed Arthur's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze and rubbed circles in his hand. Charles smiles a little while comforting the smaller man. Arthur wasn't a small guy but compared to Charles he looked small and frail. He continued to try and comfort Arthur as he had been crying in his sleep.

"Charles..?" Arthur asked in a groggy voice, vision blurred, "Arthur?!" Charles jolted awake quickly letting go of Arthur's hand. "Are you okay? Stay laying down" said Charles, pushing Arthur back down, "I'm fine.. you don't need to worry" said Arthur, Hosea came running over to Arthur's tent, "Arthur! Son! Your up!" Said Hosea.

"I know. And I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me all the time, Jesus dad" said Arthur while leaving his tent.

"Sorry you had to see that Charles", "it's fine Hosea" said Charles leaving Arthur's tent.

Arthur sat on the edge of the cliff in Horseshoe Overlook, writing in his journal about what happened, hoping it would ease his mind. It did not. Hosea walked over to him, "hey Arthur. Son.." said Hosea, "can I sit next to you?" He asked, "go ahead" said Arthur.
Hosea sat down next to Arthur.
"Sorry for snapping at you" said Arthur, "it's fine son.." said  Hosea. "Is there anything you want to tell me..? you seem off" said Hosea, "well- you won't tell anyone.. only with my permission.. okay?" Said Arthur. "I promise, I won't", "okay well.." Arthur paused, "take your time son.." said Hosea.  Arthur took a deep breath while trembling. He looked away from Hosea.

"Well, I was out in the swamps, I was coming back from Saint Denis, I found a man there..
I know I shouldn't have accepted it, but he invited me in.." Arthur chocked back a sob,
"a-as I stepped into his home, I got hit over the head..." said Arthur, "he did horrible things to me Hosea... and his horrid words replaying in my head, all the time... I can't escape it.. awake or asleep.." Arthur  started crying fully, like ugly crying. "I'm sorry son.. I'm sorry.. this happened to you.." Hosea wrapped his arms around Arthur. Arthur hugged him back, gripped his hands on the back of Hosea's shirt, crying into his shoulder.

"It's okay son... I'm here now.. cry as much as you need.."

(Chapter two is now out! Chapter 3 will be out maybe later or tomorrow!)