Chapter three~Lost and Found

Alek’s POV

I followed her as she led us through the hallway. She turned at various points; if I were to be left alone here I would be lost. Here and there she pulled out a book and handed it over to me. She hadn’t said a word.

“So, my name is Alek. What’s yours?

-You’ll never know.

She turned once more

-And why is that?

-Because I don’t like giving my name to people who will forget it anyway.

-Why should I forget your name?

She doesn’t know me. I’m good at remembering names. Why does she assume I won’t remember hers?

-I know what you’re thinking. Why does she think that I won’t remember her name? But don’t worry, you’ll forget me soon enough. They all do. It has been that way since the beginning. Plus you have already found your new friends. Just be careful, you seem like a nice guy. But you’re hiding something, make sure nobody notices it or they will find out and use it against you. Believe me, been there, saw that; don’t want it to happen to me.”

With those words she turned around and I noticed we had come back to the entry of the library.

“Sweetie, can you put those books where they belong please? Oh and there a few new ones that need to be bound.

-Of course Miss. I’ll get right to it. (She turned over to me) You look intelligent. One advice, stay out of the game.”

I looked at her and then over to the librarian.

“Miss is there any way I can help you?

-Well that’s very kind. Can you bond books, they …

-No, he can’t. He needs to go home. He hasn’t finished settling in yet. That’s what you told Yasmin right?”

She smiled innocently at me. How the hell did she know that? I had looked around, searching her, before I had said that!! And she was not to be seen.

“Oh, young Miss Lin? You’d better not be lying to this one young man. You’ll come to regret it! But I’m sure you need help S….

-No I don’t. Not anymore. He can leave

-And so can you honey. You have been here for the past few days, you need rest.

-But…

-No buts. I don’t want to see you until Thursday. If I do I’ll ban you from this place.

-You can’t so that!!!

-Yes, I can. Now of you go.

She fast thinking of some reason to stay I could see that.

-But my sister isn’t picking me up until 7.

-I can drive you home

Her eyes shot lighting at me. I swear that if looks could kill I would have been dead this instant. But it was kind of funny. She looked gorgeous; her eyes were burning with anger which made the green in them take over the brown.

-Thank you very much Alexander. Here is her address; I doubt she will tell you willingly.”

The girl took her backpack, threw it over her shoulder and rushed out the door. Forgetting the paper Mrs. Halbron was handing me, I went after her. She had already crossed half the schoolyard. I cached up pretty quickly. We got out of the building, when she turned around.