03. establishing order

𝟐𝟎 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫ೃ⁀➷

𝟐𝟎 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
ೃ⁀➷

─𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗞𝗬 𝗪𝗔𝗦 getting darker, each cloud that passed by another, continuous reminder of how late tess was to meet anne at their decided rendevous point. the woman swallowed, picking her fingernails and attempting to appear casual to the passing fedra agents.

she tips her head back, drawing in a deep breath to try and calm her racing heart and ignore the growing feeling of dread gnawing at her gut.

she and tess were supposed to meet over two hours prior to grill robert on the car battery they had been waiting on.

the woman had tried not to panic when she arrived ten minutes later than agreed, only to find tess not there which was an unusual thing considering the womans strict view of punctuality. anne had continued to try to not go into cardiac arrest despite time marching on with still no arrival of her friend, yet her patience was wearing thin.

she shifts from foot to foot, glancing repeatedly up and down the street. the action draws the attention of a rookie fedra agent, one of those who had been born into the hellscape world and, as a result, were much quicker to take action against anyone slightly suspicious. which anne was appearing to be with her constant twitching and glancing.

her eyes locked onto the armored man as he stalked towards her, hand already reaching for his gun. however, before he could reach her, a large amount of rubble explodes from a side of one of the nearby buildings and the ground shakes from the bomb that had just hit.

anne falls to the floor, palms scraping against it. she rolled to the side, glaring through squinted eyes at the large plumes of dirt and smoke that consumed the air surrounding the street. she spots a figure stumble out of the gaping hole in the side of the building, their hair a wild tangled mess, coated with blood and dirt.

'tess!' anne yells, coughing as she inhales more dust.

she scrambles to her feet, heading towards the disoriented woman quickly. the two collide, with anne throwing her arms tightly around the woman in relief, glad her friend was alive.

the two pull apart to reveal the dark splodges of black and blue along the womans face. she feels a fierce anger seize her heart as she inspects the damage, anger that whilst she had been up on the street safe and waiting, tess had been attacked not too far from her.

'who-'

'robert.' tess cuts off, her eyes shifting along the street quickly. 'don't worry we'll deal with it later, we should get going before fedra show up and assume we're the fucking fireflies.'

anne nods, the two begin to briskly walk down the street and away from the carnage of the bomb. however, just as they turn the streets they spot a mass of fedra agents all shooting and yelling.