26.𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

The concept of what is truly good or evil is something that has been warped over time, some say it's a person's actions that conclude this, while others claim it is an illusion that bends to fit the image of the beholder.

In a world of supernaturals, the notion of these two antonyms was far more complicated than one might think, it could be argued that simply being a vampire instantly disqualified someone from being a truly good being, their life source was the blood that ran through the veins of another, even if a fraction weren't taking lives to obtain this it was still considered evil in the tales and fables. The very nature of their living and habits was perceived as sinful, which reinforced the idea that point of view is the only thing that can define good and evil.

Doing nothing to stop wickedness is how evil flourishes, it relies on the feigned obliviousness of beings that were too frightened or disinterested to intervene. However, in some cases, something immoral would have to be done to cease the corruption. Killing one to save the lives of potentially thousands.

Summoning Satan to rid the world of the very soul he corrupted.

"He's enjoying his nap a bit too much." Mia quipped, peering over at the Mikaelson patriarch who was laid on the ground, his skin a dull grey with thick veins highly visible.

The Original father descended among them a few days prior, claiming he was the only one that could kill Klaus. The group jumped at the chance and decided to work alongside him. Mia, however, felt uneasy with the situation, there was a bitter air about him that put her off.

"The longer he stays that way the better." Rebekah remarked as she painted her nails. The two were in her room getting ready for the homecoming dance, but they each had more pressing matters on their minds.

"Are you okay?" Mia questioned, moving back the strand of blonde hair that'd fallen in front of her friend's face. "With the whole plan? I feel like no one's asked you that yet."

"That's because they haven't." Rebekah shrugged, causing the Petrova to feel a twinge of guilt, which she picked up on immediately and placed her hand over hers. "I'm fine." She responded dryly before glancing up and seeing Mia's brows raised with disbelief. "Of course... I feel conflicted but Nik has already snatched far too much from me. I'm simply taking back what was rightfully mine, a life of my own. I'm willing to do what it takes, family or not."

"As long as you're sure." The brunette gave her a pointed look before leaning off the edge of the bed to grab her phone. "I don't think these guys can handle another Elijah situation." She paused for a moment, it felt strange to say the Mikaelson's name after so long.

Rebekah noticed the sudden silence and gently pulled Mia back up so she could see her face. "You miss him terribly, don't you?" Elijah's absence in Chicago circa the 1920s was soothing to Klaus, being that one of his biggest worries was that history would repeat itself when it came to his lover.