Deep Below

Garmadon's Pov:

Kai has been acting strangely. I may not visit very often, but I still remember Kai's hot headedness, and his loyalty to defending Nya, and now possibly Lloyd and that one girl I've been hearing about... Skylar or something?

But lately, he seems to be unfocused. Taking longer to do simple tasks. Lack of sleep was labeled all over the bags forming under his eyes. But I had to give it to him, he was hiding it very well, I barely noticed it.

Kai's Pov:

I soon learned that the voice said whatever thoughts I would've originally buried deep down. The scary thing was, sometimes the thoughts weren't bad.

It was the most terrifying thing to know that I have been burying GOOD THOUGHTS THIS WHOLE ENTIRE TIME. And the more I ignored the voice, the louder it was and more often it came. Even when I was sleeping, so I often went days without sleep.

I could tell Garmadon might be catching on, and the voice wouldn't shut up about it. And my guess was confirmed one night when he was visiting.

"What're you doing up so late with a cup of coffee?" Garmadon asked, walking up behind me in his sleep robes.

"Uh-... nothing!" I responded startled.

'He knows' the voice commented in my head.

'Shut up' I thought back, not wanting to deal with it now.

Garmadon tilted his head before saying, "Coffee isn't good for your lack of sleep."

I looked down as I commented, "I'm aware of that."

'He's getting suspicious' the voice chided.

'SHUT UP!' I declared back, careful not to speak.

Garmadon narrowed his eyes, clearly not believing me. Thankfully, he didn't press any further and instead walked away. Leaving me and the voice alone.

-:-:-:-:The Next Day:-:-:-:-

I sat at the edge of the training court, trying not to attract attention to me.

'Look at them, they aren't even asking you to train with them' the voice mocked.

'I know!' I thought back. But it was true, no one was even LOOKING my direction. 'Maybe they don't need me' I finally thought with a sigh.

'They need you all right' the voice comforted 'they're just to stupid to tell.'

I was about to respond, getting tired of it trying to corrupt me, when I realized. I thought that they didn't need me, and that wasn't a thought hidden at the back of my mind for the voice to dig up.

I didn't know what to think anymore.

Before I knew it, I was about to fall asleep. Only saved by the yell of Jay as he was thrown next to me from Cole.

'Cole should've been more careful' the voice growled 'it's practice.'

"You okay Jay?" I asked.

Jay seemed almost... started by my response.

"Oh, uh... yea" he nervously chuckled.

Cole then responded "Sorry, almost took you out too Kai."

'They didn't even know you were here' commented the voice.

'No, no they did not' I responded to the voice.

Looking up I said "Wu didn't like the last time you threw one'f us during practice."

"You remember that?" asked Cole startled.

I smiled, he clearly didn't think anything was up. So I decided to make the best of it.

508 words!

Wow that's one of the longest chapters I've written.

Anyways, make sure to vote and comment!