10|Save Me

Did love always felt like this?
So agonizing and destructive?
At least that wasn't how mother describe it for me.

"Amy come with me. Let's escape together,"

With trembling hands that he offered me had a pleading look like his telling me to say yes.

I wanna reach out but why can't I?!

"I-I can't.. Father will.. He'll not let it slide!" I said and the boy took back the arm he offered me.

"I see,"

"I'm sorry, I really am,"

"Don't be, Amy."

Despite all the chaos that wa happening around us, he always had a smile plastered on his face whenever he looks at me. It was.. warm..

My heart beated drastically as he stepped towards me and took my hands.

"I'll come back for you, Amy. Please wait for me,"

He paused for a moment, looking deeply into my eyes like his reading me.

"I will wait for you, my prince."

I smiled at him with a tear stained face, he pulled me close for one last embrace before he goes. Please don't go.

"I'll be back, my love."

And just like that, Anastacios disappeared into thin air in my embrace.

...

"Does the Emperor have any knowledge about his concubine?" Victor asked Camilla.

"I suspect not. It seems that Diana is pretending to be innocent." She answered as she let her thoughts condemn her. "I should've gone with him." 

Camilla was brought back to reality when she realized what she just thought about. Come with him? and let the both of them get killed? She indeed was foolish back then, but not this time. Not again and never in this lifetime. 

"Talk about a fake witch." Victor said as he sipped his tea. He was quite fond of tea you can say, maybe it was due to Camilla's frequent invitations for a quiet tea time in the garden whenever she has the time. 

"Has the tea changed Master?" Victor asked as he tasted the tea once again, "Ah yes, I noticed how much sugar you were putting in your tea, too much sugar isn't good for you." Camilla said as he smiled at the young lad. 

"Thank you Master," Victor said, his gaze focused on the tea Camilla prepared especially for him. "For the tea?" Camilla chuckled, "Not just for the tea, but for taking care of me Master," Victor said with a smile to which he rarely shows to other people but Camilla. Camilla smiled as she looked at Victor, 

"I'm grateful to have you by my side Victor," 

...

"Take good care of yourself and the rest of the troops on your journey back in the empire, alright Calisto?" Camilla said as she embraced her brother tightly, they were, once again parting. But not for long, she knows they will be reunited once again. 

"I will, sister." Calisto said as they both broke the hug.  "You too sister, take care." Calisto said and Camilla nodded. "Now go before nightfall." Camilla said and Calisto nodded and he boarded his horse. "Hey Kiddo! Take care of my sister!" Calisto said to Vicotr before he departed with the rest of the troops who followed behind him.

"You don't need to tell me that!" Victor yelled back. Camilla only chuckled. "Let's head back inside now, Victor," Camilla said and Victor followed him. 

"Your Majesty." Camilla looked back as she heard the familiar voice, it was Felix. 

"Greetings to the moon of Obelian Empire," Felix greeted and Camilla nodded with a smile. 

"Let's talk inside Felix" Camilla said.

"I wasn't informed you were gonna give me a visit?" Camilla said

"Well your Majesty, I came here for two reasons actually." Felix said. "And that is?" 

"His Majesty has something he want's to consult you to," Felix stated as Camilla raised an eyebrow. "What does his Majesty need my consultation for?" Camilla asked, "His Majesty didn't tell me," 

"Very well, please do tell his Majesty to come here himself." Camilla said as Felix nearly choked on his tea. "Excuse me-!" Felix said as it was rude of him to choke up infront of his Empress. "Stop that Robaine. It's not like I haven't seen you being so rude in the past. I thought we all agreed no formalities when there are no nobles around?" 

"Ah.. My apologies Your Majesty, it has become quite the habit haha" Felix said as he scratched his head. 

"oh and there is another thing Your Majesty," Felix's face became serious. "The Emperor has been suffering bad headache's these days, so your majesty, I, Felix Robaine ask of you to come and visit his Majesty. At least one time," Felix said. "Is that a request Felix?" 

"No Camilla. It's a favor I ask of, as a close friend of yours." Felix said that caught Camilla off guard. He really does know how to use his trump card. "alright. I'll visit him..tomorrow." Camilla said as she felt defeated. 

"Thank you!" 

To be continued

A/n:
How are you all dears?? Sorry for the late updates TvT

Slight spoiler: In the next chapter, a new manhwa will be intruduced. Stay tuned! Love you all! Thank you for your supports in the comments and for the votes hehe