Chapter 11 - The Cousin

I heard a knock at the front door. My mom was at work, and my older brother was upstairs yelling at his TV, so I wasn't quite sure what to do.
It didn't sound like a familiar knock, as I had gotten used to the knocks from Deliah and even Nick. This, however, was not the same.
I pulled myself up off the couch, wandering over towards the door.
Another slam hit the wood. I leaned in, placing my ear up against it. I could hear the faint whispers of at least two people.
"Are we sure this is the right house?" A feminine voice questioned.
"This is the address that shit stain gave us. So they have to be here." A more masculine voice answered.
I shook my head, reaching for the door knob, before turning it and pulling the door open.
I looked slightly up to see two figures looming over me. They looked like two church goers.
"Buzz off. I'm not going to your god damn church." I complained, beginning to shut the door, only to be stopped by the hand of the shorter dude.
"I don't think so. And we're not Mormon missionaries." He said, straightening himself out.
The other cleared their throat to speak. "Hey kid." They greeted. "Are any of your parents home? We'd love to speak to them."
I looked the person up and down, crossing my arms. "Uh yeah, my moms not home."
They blinked. "Oh. Well, would you mind answering some questions for us? May we come in?"
I laughed. "Yeah right, I'm not that stupid. If there's anything you need answered, we can do this right here." I leaned against the doorframe, looking up at them.
The taller one placed their arms behind their back. "Alright then. My associate and I wanted to ask a few questions about a previous guest who used to live here, if we may?"
"Y/N?" I raised an eyebrow. "She didn't even live here that long. What's this for anyways?"
The man grunted. "No, the other one."
"Other one?" I asked. I worried they were referring to Springtrap did they know about him? "My mom, brother, and I are the only other people that have ever lived here." I responded.
The guy placed a hand on his hip, glaring into my soul. "Right, and what's your name kid?"
I rolled my eyes at the irritated man. "Harry."
The man leaned in to whisper something to his friend, though I clearly heard what he said. "I don't like the attitude this kid has very much."
The other person brushed their partner aside, looking back to me. "If you say so, Harry. How long did Y/N live here exactly?"
I shrugged. "Idk, I'm not really a math guy. Maybe half a year?"
They nodded. "Okay, and where is Y/N situated now?"
"Somewhere up north. Pretty nice house. Got a white picket fence with a purple mailbox out front." I answered, searching the back of my neck.
"Do you know the address? We'd like to get in contact with her if we can. Preferably in person rather than over the phone." They explained, smiling down at me.
I looked back into my house, knowing I had Y/N's address on my phone. "Uh yeah, give me a sec. I have her address saved on my phone." I turned away, swiping my cell phone off the couch, before walking back over.
"It's 087 north Afton street in Hurricane." I said, showing them a quick picture of the house.
"Fantastic. Thank you so much for your cooperation Mr Hurst. Have a nice rest of your day." The two turned away, beginning towards their black vehicle.
I waved my hand quickly. "Yeah, see ya."

I shut the door behind me, throwing myself back down against the couch.
A sudden thought hit me in the back of the head. How did they know my last name? I never told them my last name, only my first.
"Somethings not right." I said, pulling up Y/N's number, texting her.
"Y/N, something strange just happened, you might wanna hear about this."