+𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍+

"Where are we going?" Changbin asked being led somewhere by the demon. Minho intertwined their fingers and smiled mischievously.

"It's a surprise," he winked at the clueless boy and continued walking down the hall, holding his hand. Changbin pouted and rolled his eyes at the demon but kept walking.

After what felt like ages they finally made it out of the labyrinth-like hallways and stepped outside the palace. However, Minho didn't stop. He lead him farther into a more secluded part of the palace grounds.

Changbin was slowly growing tired of walking for so long. When he noticed a hill ahead of them and realized the demon was leading him up there, he stopped abruptly and whined in protest.

"There's no way I'm climbing that hill. My legs are shaking already," he sulked.

Minho watched his baby throw a tantrum with an amused smile. He put his hand on his hip and clicked his tongue playfully.

"I think we need to work on your stamina more," he teased. Changbin glared at the amused demon and punched his arm.

"For your information, my stamina is pretty good for a human," he retorted.

"Oh, really? Then why are you whining like a baby after walking for a few minutes?"

"Because you–" Changbin stammered turning red. "Never mind! Let's go!" he huffed and tugged on the demon's hand.

Minho snickered and swiftly swept him off the ground, catching him completely off guard.

"Sorry for going hard on you last night," he whispered and kissed his forehead, enjoying the way his face turned crimson red and he hid it in his chest while mumbling something incoherent.

Even with the boy in his arms, it didn't take Minho long to reach the other side of the hill. He put him down and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"We're here. Take a look."

Changbin turned his face and saw two identical orange waterfalls. He blinked in surprise and turned back to face the demon pointing at the strange phenomenon.

"The water...! It goes up! And it's orange!"

Minho nodded with a smile. He loved the way his eyes sparkled with fascination.

"It's called 'Devil's tears'," the demon explained. "The water turns the colour of the sky so if we came here in the evening it would be purple."

"That's so cool!" Changbin beamed.

"Do you want to see them from up close?" Minho asked. Changbin frowned.

"There's no way down tho?"

Minho smiled smugly and brought him closer by the waist.

"Don't forget I can fly," he said proudly. "Hold onto me."

When Changbin felt the ground beneath his feet slowly disappear, he shut his eyes and wrapped his arms around Minho's neck. He would never get used to the demon's extraordinary abilities. Minho held him close enough he could hear the boy's heart pounding.

"Don't be scared. You're safe with me," the demon assured softly.

"If– if you d–drop me, I will haunt you as a g–ghost!" Changbin threatened. Minho raised his eyebrows teasingly and chuckled.

"Shall I let go of you then? The idea sounds really tempting. I would love to be haunted by a sexy ghost like you."

"Minho!"

The demon stole a quick kiss from the boy, trying to calm him down.

"I'm joking, babydoll. Let's take a closer look at the waterfalls and then go back to the palace. I'm starving and if I don't eat something soon, I'm sure I will devour you instead," he winked at him.

[...]

"There's something I've been wondering about," Changbin began as they entered the palace. Minho hummed. "I've been here for a day but I'm feeling okay. The last time I was in Hell for a few hours I almost died."

Minho nodded to the guards who bowed to him and lead the boy to the kitchens.

"I put a protection spell on you. I couldn't do it the last time because we were not fully bonded. As I told you some time ago, magic does not work on most humans because you are naturally not accustomed to it. Of course, there are magic-sensitive humans like Jisung but it's rather rare."

He explained, stopping to tell the cooks, who were shocked to see the crown prince in the kitchens, to have a break while he cooked for the boy. He told Changbin to sit at a big table in the corner then he put on an apron and washed his hands before grabbing some vegetables and a knife.

"Since you have my mark and we are tied by a blood pact, you are no longer magic-resistant," Minho continued while cutting the vegetables. "When I told you I was putting a protection spell on you last night, I was telling the truth."

"It looked more like you wanted to get into my pants," Changbin muttered hiding his blushing face in his arms. "A–anyways," he stuttered, "why did you tell the cooks to leave? Isn't it their job to cook for you?"

"Yes, it is, but it's my job to cook for my husband, isn't it? Demon food is slightly different than what you normally eat, so I thought it would be quicker if I made dinner myself," Minho replied winking at the boy.

°•.°•.•°•☆

Hi, helloooo! 💜

For once I have the next chapter almost done, so expect an update soon. I'm planning to finish the book this month but it's me we are talking about, so everything can happen haha.

Anyways, thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and leave comments. I love to read them. (BinsPeace my fav reader, where are you? 😭)

Have a lovely day/night 🔮