Gay Pajamas

It's late at the little house, the lights dimmed and the house quiet. Well, for the most part. You could hear a fan running, and the shuffling of feet and the tablecloth being moved around every so often as both Harry and Robin sat on their respective sides of the table. Robin is reading over the newspaper since he hadn't gotten the chance during that morning, and Harry has his arms crossed on the table, deep in thought.

Robin reaches to turn the page of the newspaper, only to hear a small sound coming from a distance. He pauses, looking up from the paper and listens to see if he can decipher what the noise was. Alas, the noise stops for a moment, which makes Robin shrug it off. If something weird was going on, it would show itself soon enough. It always does

Time passes, and he hears the noises again. This time though, they're louder. It makes Robin knit his eyebrows.

"Do you hear that?" A squeaky voice interrupts Harry's thoughts.

"Huh?" Harry picks his head up from where it's hung, and looks at Robin. "What are you on about?" He asks, voice as monotone as ever.

"Shhh, listen!" Robin hushes him. Harry is a bit taken back, but sits in silence to try and hear whatever his husband is causing a fuss about.

There's a silence that rings throughout the house for just a minute, making Harry roll his eyes.

"What were you even-" He begins, but the other cuts him off.

"Hush!" Robin scolds, making Harry huff.

After another minute of agonizing silence, the red guy finally hears it. Small sniffles and hiccups are echoing behind the bedroom door, where Manny is supposed to be sleeping. When the small cries finally reach his ears, he sits up straight in his chair and stares back at the door. It doesn't open, so he assumes Manny isn't coming out anytime soon.

Harry gets up from the table, wearily heading to the door. He's not sure what he's expecting to see when he gets in there. A teacher, maybe, because he's mostly used to those. When he does open the door, he doesn't fully expect to see Manny sitting up in his bed in the low light of the room, crying and sniffling.

His normally yellow skin has a slight red tint to it where he's been rubbing his eyes and his nose, and where his cheeks flush. His nose is running and he's got his blanket pulled up to his stomach from where he's positioned.

Harry glances around the room, seeing if any of those pesky teachers nosed their way into the room without the knowledge of the other two, but nothing seems misplaced or damaged, so he rules that one out pretty quickly. He supposes to get to the bottom of the problem that isn't so apparent, he's going to have to ask.

The red guy walks over to the young boy's bed, sitting down on the edge of it. He places his hand on Manny's knee, making the younger look up at him and sniffle. It's a sad sight, to see the little one so upset, and it makes him frown from beneath the yarn covering his mouth.

"What's the matter?" He asks, reaching up to wipe away a stray tear from Manny's face. Jeez, he really has taken on a fatherly role, hasn't he?

Manny sniffs, his bottom lip wobbling as he holds back his tears. Harry panics for a split moment, watching as the little boy bursts into tears on the spot.

"Oh no, what-" Harry begins.

"These pajamas are gay!" Manny cries out, nearly sobbing at how distraught he is.

Harry can't even say anything. He stares, wide-eyed, and blank.

After a long moment of Manny's cries and Harry sitting in shock, he's finally able to speak.