Kingdom Come / The Final Fall

For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

T.S. Eliot / The Hollow Men

KINGDOM COME!(  ❝ did i say that yet? ❞  )THE FINAL FALL!(  ❝ i get on your nerves? yeah

KINGDOM COME!
( did i say that yet?   )
THE FINAL FALL!
( i get on your nerves? yeah. )

━━ ELISA BARDALES, after months of searching, finally found her boyfriend. She was happy, don't get her wrong, but she knew hell was also coming. Despite what Apollo had said, the Prophecy of Nine was upon them in a matter of months, not in a matter of seventy years.

               ( She was still angry about that. Talk about false hope. )

               Shit had been going wrong since Percy's disappearance, eight months prior. It had started with his disappearance; then it was the quest to save Hera; then learning of Gaea's wish to rise and rule the world ( what was up with this immortal deities trying to rise back to power again? ); then Elisa learned that, like Jason, Percy had been kidnapped to a safe place for demigods ( something called Camp Jupitersounds like a stupid name to her ) and that he had no memories. She can't lie, her world shattered a bit more after hearing that.

               Elisa was terrified of seeing Percy. What if he didn't remember her? Jason had no memories, why would Hera give Percy any slack ( especially considering the fact the goddess hated the son of Poseidon )?

               In the end, she would still have to swallow her fear and face the boy she had been searching for, even if it would kill her to learn the fact he didn't even know her name or what they had been. Then to have her best friend go on a quest for something people always have died trying to find? ( And for Percy to say that Elisa needed to get rid of her "savior complex"please, Elisa had one? The son of Poseidon should look inward! )

               The point is, Elisa was having a horrible time. She was having to come to terms with something she had rejected, she had to accept the fact that she had the ability to control madness. Who wanted power like that? It was horrible; you felt like something worse than human, something that people should be wary and afraid of.

               For better or for worse, Elisa had to accept the fact she was a formidable foe because for her powers and not just her ability to wield a spear.