I Come From Humble Beginnings

before u read this i need u to understand that Halestorm is a real band and you need to check them out because they fuck hard. go ooooooooooo ur such a strange girl oooooo chances are you've probably heard their Bad Romance cover because it's really good ooooooooooooo u call me crazy aaa aaa aaaaaaa i'll give u psychooooo ooooouuuu

~ * ~

You ran. You ran out of your house so fast. You slammed the door shut so violently that it almost didn't close. You lived in a shitty apartment and you knew you should've locked the damn door before leaving because then, maybe, just maybe, what happened later in the night wouldn't have happened.

You were just angry with Alice at the time.

You weren't thinking. You weren't thinking about the possibility of that seaweed-haired bitch breaking into your home and almost murdering you. Now with Sou Hiyori dead in the hands of your best friend, Alice Yabusame, you didn't know what to think.

The four of you had been haunted by this man for over a year. Alice finally snapped.

Sou Hiyori was dead.

"Y/N, are you alright?! I heard you scre..." Your neighbor cut herself off, dropping her phone when she looked inside your apartment to see a bleeding man with multiple stab wounds in the hands of what she always assumed was your boyfriend.

"...Nao." You said. Slowly, she bent down to grab her phone, not taking her eyes off the corpse in Alice's arms. "Nao, don't. Nao, you don't understand—"

And within moments, cop cars were surrounding your apartment complex, and Alice was arrested.

~ * ~

But that's a year from now. Right now, Alice and his younger sister Reko are sitting in their home, completely fine. They don't even know who you are, yet.

"I quit SkullNutz," Reko said.

Alice continued to play Stardew Valley on his Nintendo Switch. "Why?"

"It doesn't feel right," She said, "It doesn't feel right being in a band without you," She turned her head to look at Alice, who paid her no mind, "Even if you're shit at drums."

"Maybe Abigail could teach me. I'm trying to romance her friend right now."

"I'm tryna get serious right now, Alice," Reko said, sitting up from where she was laying upside down on the couch.

"Yeah, I'm tryna get serious with Samson, Reko."

"I want us to make a band again."

"Hold on, let me save before we continue this conversation," Alice said, holding up a hand. Silence fell throughout the house until he set down the Switch and moved to sit 'Criss Cross Apple Pie' and face Reko, who was sitting the same way on the couch opposite Alice.

"You want us to make a band again." He repeated her earlier statement.

"I really do," She said, "Like, music is my whole life, Alice. But, we grew up doing music together. It's not fun if I'm doing it by myself."

"Even though I don't know how to play the drums?"

"Even though you have not a single fucking clue how to play the drums."

"We'd need more members."

"I'll let you figure that out. I'll get us set up with a place to practice and a brand new band name, and you can choose who our guitar and bassist are."

"Do you have a name in mind?"

"Halestorm."

Alice stared at Reko for a moment, "Like... a storm of heavy hail? Hail storm?"