𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝓃𝑒 - 𝑀𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓏 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓂𝓅𝓉𝓈 𝑀𝓊𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇

I didn't expect my life to take a turn like this tonight. But I saw it coming.

Screams echoed through the halls of the castle. Prunaprismia, Queen of the Telmaries was giving birth. This meant my uncle, King Miraz, was coming to kill me and my brother Caspian.

Great. I was hoping to get a good night's rest but I guess not.

Luckily I had planned for this, I knew the child would come any day now. So I went to bed fully dressed with a dagger in case I had to make an escape.

My brother and our professor, Dr. Cornelius burst into my room. "(____)! Aunt has-" Caspian whispered, "I know. I've prepared." I interrupted.

"Smart girl." professor Conelius said.

"We have to leave now." Caspian urged, I stepped forward then suddenly gasped, "I've forgotten father's sword!" I exclaimed, as quietly as possible.

After my father passed his sword was left in a case in the weaponry chamber. He had used that sword when he was my age, and I didn't want to leave it.

"There's no time." urged Dr. Cornelius, "Go without me. I'll catch up." I said.

"I won't leave without you sister." Caspian said, "I'll be fine, I promise." I replied, "Now go!" I whispered, before heading into the hall.

I winded through the halls of the palace towards the weaponry chamber, and just as I turned a corner I ran into a group of soldiers armed with crossbows, no doubt on their way to kill me anyway.

Before I could run they grabbed me and dragged me towards the dungeon. I squirmed and thrashed but it was no use. "You can't do this!" I protested, "Whatever Lord Miraz orders will be done." said General Glowzelle.

I had known Glowzelle for years, I'd grown up around these soldiers. How could they take me away to be executed?

The truth was, King Miraz was ruthless. He wanted his son to be the next in line. Not Caspian. Not me.

And there was only one sure fire way to make sure that happened. He had to get rid of us.

I was taken to the dungeon and thrown in a cell, the door closing behind me with a loud clang.

"Please there must be another way!" I shouted, grasping onto the bars.

Despite my pleas, the soldiers left, and I hoped they wouldn't find Caspian.

I shook the barred metal door in an attempt to open it, but to no avail. "You're not getting out." I turned to see a small man sitting in the cell beside me.

"You're a-" I began, "A dwarf." He finished.

"I thought-" Hadn't all Narnians and magical creatures died out? "What's your name?" I asked.

I wanted to question him about how he even existed, but I thought starting with a name would be a more polite approach.

"Trumpkin." He replied, "And who are you?" Trumpkin asked.

"I'm (____). The princess. Unfortunately." I answered, "So you're one of the ones they're out to kill." he said, "One of the ones they're going to kill." I corrected.

"If you don't mind me asking, How do you exist?" I asked, "Excuse me?" Trumpkin responded.

"Sorry. That sounded bad." I said, "Uh-huh." he replied.

"I mean, I've only read about Narnians. I thought they went extinct after- you know." I explained.

"Well princess, we're still around. But for now you're better off getting some rest." Trumkin said, looking away.

Right, rest. I do have a big day of being executed tomorrow.

I figured he was right. So I got as comfortable as I could on the dirty, cold, grimy floor, and squeezed my eyes shut hoping I might fall asleep soon.

I heard the loud sounds of fireworks and cheering outside. All this celebration for a child that would only rule if Caspian and I were killed.

Tears began to roll down my face, but I took a deep breath and eventually fell asleep.