𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑜 - 𝒦𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒪𝓁𝒹

The next morning Trumpkin and I were tied up and dragged from the dungeons and to the throne room. We were guarded outside the chamber until they took Trumpkin in. I heard fierce words being used by my uncle, who must have been concocting some story to sway the other men.

Later, Trumpkin was thrown back out and the two of us were taken to the water. I saw a small boat at the docks and realized we were to be drowned. I'd prefer anything else.

The soldiers rowed out for a while. I looked towards Trumpkin, whose eyes had a confusing image of rage, and empathy. We were going down together.

Finally one of the soldiers spoke, "He won't stop staring.". Trumpkin had moved his gaze to the men. "So don't look." The other replied, but the soldier was clearly still uneasy. "Here's far enough." one said, and they both stood and picked Trumpkin up.

Suddenly an arrow pierced the side of the boat, and I noticed four people on the shore, one girl holding a bow. "Drop him!" The girl shouted.

Ah . . . Poor choice of words

"Crows and crockery." Trumpkin said through the fabric covering his mouth.

And as expected, they dropped him, and one pushed me off the boat along with him.

Now this is where I must explain something.

I was cursed. I know, I know. I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but it's hard enough to bring it up as it is.

It was said, a hundred years ago. Before Jadis, the White Witch was killed, she released a curse.

This curse would take on a host and give them the power to turn things into stone, like her.

I was that host.

Jadis's expectation was that this person would use these powers to somehow bring her back.

I barely use these powers because for one, I can barely control them.

And it was also said that the White Witch was evil, and turned the Narnians to stone.

Which I would never do. I refuse to follow her down that evil path.

Only Miraz and the professor Cornelius knew,

When Miraz found out he tried to convince me Narnians were evil, and that I had true Telmarine blood, mostly to sway my actions.

But behind Miraz's back Dr. Cornelius taught me and Caspian about Narnia,

Because sadly I am connected to its history, whether its ties are good or evil.

Now where was I? Oh yes, I'm drowning. I concentrated, and used my powers to turn the rope to brittle stone, and smashed the stone onto a rock, breaking the binds.

I saw two soldiers fall into the water, and Trumpkin struggled to break free. Thankfully someone jumped in to save him.

I saw as the boy who saved Trumpkin pulled the dwarf out of the water.

Then suddenly as I floated to shore someone scooped me out of the water.

It was a different boy with darker hair, and gorgeous brown eyes.

We stared at one another for a moment. The light of the sun bounced off his face, illuminating each one of his features.

He must have noticed me staring because he then set me down and went to pull the boat from the water.

The other two people were girls, one of them was the one who shot the arrow.

I followed them to Trumpkin, and the youngest girl cut his bounds with a dagger. Trumpkin coughed.

I stepped closer to him, "Are you alri-" he quickly interrupted, "Drop him?!" He asked, "That's the best you can come up with?".

"A simple 'Thank you' would suffice." said the older girl with the bow.

"He doesn't mean tha-" I cut in, "They were doing fine drowning us without your help." Trumpkin growled. "Maybe we should have let them." The eldest boy said.

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" The younger girl asked, "They're Telmarines. That's what they do." Trumpkin replied.

"I'm (____), and I'm a Telmarine. The princess. Unfortunately the King tried to have me killed as well." I said, "Telmarines? In Narnia?" The younger boy asked.

"Where have you been the last hundred years?" Trumpkin responded. "It's a bit of a long story." The young girl answered.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me. You're it?" Trumpkin asked.

The pieces fell into place. "The Kings and Queens of old." I said winded.

Professor Cornelius was the one who taught me about these things, Narnians, the White Witch, and these . . . kids? I had always believed the stories because, with my curse, I was part of them.

"High King Peter, The Magnificent." said the eldest boy, offering his hand to Trumpkin, which he did not take. "You probably could have left out the last bit." The older girl said. She must have been High Queen Susan.

I laughed at her response, "Probably." Trumpkin chuckled. "You might be surprised." Peter said, pulling out his sword.

"Oh you don't want to do that boy." Trumpkin replied.

"Not me. Him." High King Peter said, turning to the younger boy. King Edmund. The one that had helped me earlier.

Peter offered Trumpkin his sword and King Edmund unsheathed his own. Trumpkin's arm was yanked down with the weight of the sword, but he held it up nonetheless.

Trumpkin swung his sword and began the fight. When King Edmund lowered himself, Trumpkin hit him on the head with the hilt of his sword. "Edmund!" Shouted the youngest, who was Queen Lucy.

"Oh you all right?" Trumpkin asked sarcastically, swinging at him again, but the King was quicker.

King Edmund spun around him and bumped Trumpkin on the back. The two continued to strike each other quickly until King Edmund knocked the sword out of Trumpkin's hands.

These kids were serious.

"Beards and bedsteads." Trumpkin gasped, "Maybe that horn worked after all." he added, referring to the magical horn that had been blown.

The four looked at each other, "What horn?" High Queen Susan asked. "Yours." I answered.