𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 - 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒩𝒶𝓇𝓃𝒾𝒶𝓃𝓈

Trumpkin explained that a horn was blown in the woods, High Queen Susan's horn, and that must have called them there. Then the Kings and Queens asked to be taken to the other Narnians.

We took the boat and began to row. King Peter took the oars, while Trumpkin sat at the front, Queen Susan, and Lucy together, and then King Edmund and I at the back.

"So, (____). You're a Telmarine." I turned to look beside me, and King Edmund stared at me.

"Regrettably. My uncle is the King, but his wife has just birthed a son. Which means my brother and I are in the way of him taking the throne." I replied.

"So your own uncle . . . tried to drown you?" King Edmund asked.

"Yes. I always preferred the company of my aunt." I replied, chuckling.

"I can only hope my brother escaped with his life, and has found somewhere safe . . . King Edmund." I added.

"Just call me Edmund." he said.

"Alright . . . Edmund." I replied.

"Not to be intrusive," I began, "But you all look quite young?".

Edmund's eyebrows furrowed, "It seems like no time passed for us when it's been a hundred years for all of you." He said.

"I'm only fifteen, Peters the eldest, Susan second, then me, and last Lucy." Edmund continued.

"I can't believe we're the same age! It was said that you stayed a lifetime last you were here." I exclaimed.

"It's strange, it felt like we were gone for years and years, but once we got back to our world no time had passed, then we couldn't get back to Narnia till now. I've missed it here." Edmund said.

"Things are different now. Now that you've been gone so long- I mean. I was told stories of great feasts, brilliant battles, and dances with music." I sighed, "But again, things are different now, I would have loved to see the world thriving like that.".

"Well we're back now. So you just might (____)." Edmund smiled.

As we made our way down a stream I noticed Lucy looking towards the trees above us, "They're so still." She said sadly, "They're trees. What'd you expect?" Trumpkin responded, "They used to dance." Lucy remarked.

"Wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded." Trumpkin explained, "Those who survived retreated to the woods. And the trees . . . they retreated so deep into themselves that they haven't been heard from since.".

"I don't understand. How could Aslan have let this happen?" Lucy wondered, "Aslan? I thought he abandoned us when you lot did." Trumpkin replied.

"We didn't mean to leave, you know." Peter said, "Makes no difference now, does it?" Trumpkin asked. "Get us to the Narnians, and it will." Peter said confidently.

"So if you're a Telmarine, how come you tolerate Trumpkin?" Edmund asked.

"Well for starters, we almost drowned together so that stands for something." I started.

"And, my professor taught me and my brother all about Narnian tales. Alsan, mythical creatures, the Kings and Queens and their astonishing victories.".

Edmund chuckled, with an alarmingly attractive smile.

"I wouldn't say astonishing." Susan replied humbly, and Lucy giggled.

"You aren't quite like the rest of the Telmarines are you?" Edmund asked, "I guess so. I've always been intrigued by the stories of Narnia." I said.

"And I certainly won't be like them after they tried to drown me." I sighed.