𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝒾𝓍 - 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽

As we approached Aslan's How, the hippogriff dropped us with what was left of our troop. Lucy and the Narnians that stayed behind met us at the entrance.

"What happened?" Lucy asked sadly, "Ask him." Peter growled. "Peter." Susan pleaded. "Me?" Caspian asked, "You could have called it off. There was still time." Caspian said.

"There wasn't thanks to you." Peter argued, "If you kept to the plan those soldiers might be alive right now.".

I stood in the crowd watching until I noticed a body being carried. Trumpkin.

I pushed through the soldiers and Edmund followed after. Trumpkin was bruised and beaten, in the arms of Glenstorm. New tears formed in my eyes when I saw him completely limp.

"If you stayed here like I suggested they definitely would be." Caspian disputed.

"You called us, remember?" Peter asked harshly.

"My first mistake." Caspian spat.

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people." Peter snarled.

"HEY!" Caspian shouted, "I am not the one who abandoned Narnia."

Peter shook his head, "You invaded Narnia, you have no more right to lead it than Miraz does!"

Caspian pushed past him and headed for the entrance.

"You, him, your father! Narnia's better off without the lot of you." Peter yelled.

Caspian yelled and drew his sword, Peter following his example.

"Stop it!" Edmund yelled. The centaur carrying Trumpkin bent to set him down, and Edmund helped him with the dwarf.

Caspian glared at Peter.

"Caspian please!" I pleaded.

Lucy ran up to us, pulling a bottle from a pouch on her belt. Edmund, Susan, and I knelt near Trumpkin, and watched as Lucy poured the liquid into his mouth.

Caspian made his way inside the tomb, while the rest of us waited and watched.

Suddenly Trumpkin started to breathe, and he opened his eyes.

"What are you all standing around for?" He asked.

"Welcome back." I said tearfully.

"Telmarines will be here soon enough."Lucy turned to stand up but Trumpkin stopped her, "Thank you . . . my dear little friend." Trumpkin said, making Lucy smile.

We all headed towards the temple, I felt Edmund place a hand on my back. I looked at him, "I- Uh, about earlier, at the castle." I started, referencing the kiss.

Edmund flushed, "Right. That." He replied shortly.

"Oh um, sorry if I was too forward." I stuttered.

"No! Don't apologize! It's just, we might have more time to talk about this after we resolve Peter and Caspian's feud." Edmund fumbled over his words.

When we entered I couldn't find Caspian anywhere.

"Speaking of Caspian, where has he gone off to?" I asked, noises started to come from the stairs below,

"The table." Edmund said. Trumpkin looked worried, "He went down there with Nikabrik."

"Oh no." Peter said short of breath.

We ran down the stairs to the stone table and Nikabrik was down there with two other creatures, one that was wolf-like, and a hag that was more birdlike.

Caspian stood in front of a wall of ice, with his hand held out. Pictured on the ice was Jadis the White Witch, her arm stretched out in return.

"Stop!" Peter yelled, as the four of us ran towards them. Edmund and Peter unsheathed their swords.

The wolflike creature jumped over the table, and the hag moved towards us. Peter took the bird, Trumpkin took Nikabrik and Edmund and I fought the wolf.

Edmund sliced the wolf's leg and it howled in pain, I took this chance to pull out my dagger and stab it in the back.

Nikabrik knocked Trumpkin to the ground, but Lucy appeared out of nowhere and held her dagger to his throat. Nikabrik twisted her arm and tossed her to the side.

Peter threw the hag into a column, and Trumpkin stabbed Nikabrik in the back.

Edmund leapt up onto a rock and slashed the wolf creature on the face. It whimpered and fell to the ground but it continued to move.

Edmund fell backwards and the wolf crawled towards him. Edmunds sword had fallen to the side, and I reached for my dagger but I had dropped it.

As the wolf got closer to Edmund I looked around desperately.

There was only one thing I could do.

I reached my hand out and placed it on the wolf's back, turning it to stone.

The frozen stone wolf faltered, collapsed to the ground, and shattered.

Edmund looked up at me noticing my hand out and looked completely shocked.

But there wasn't any time for explanation.

Caspian stood frozen with his hand out, before Peter ran into him with his sword drawn, knocking him away. "Get away from him!" Peter yelled, "Peter dear." Jadis chidded.

"I've missed you. Come." said the White Witch, offering her hand again. "Just one drop. You know you can't do this alone." she persuaded. Peter hesitated, and lowered his swords slightly.

Then unexpectedly, the ice cracked, and a sword poked through Jadis. The White Witch looked to me as the cracks spread, "You will always be my host.".

The ice continued to break until it burst and Edmund stood on the other side, sword in hand. "I know. You had it sorted." He said dryly.

Peter looked at me, "What does 'You will always be my host.' mean?" he asked.

"And what was that?" Edmund added, pointing to the remnants of the stone wolf.

"You did that?" Caspian questioned, glaring at the wolf. "Please, let me explain." I pleaded.

"Are you harboring the White Witch's spirit?" Peter asked.

"What? No!" I answered.

"I'm cursed." Caspian's expression softened, but he still looked confused and exasperated.

"There are these stories of a curse that the White Witch expelled the day she died. It would choose a host after the Kings and Queens of old left." I explained, "I can turn things to stone as she did."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Caspian asked, looking heartbreakingly hurt.

"The professor asked I not tell anyone. I could barely control my powers and I had no good way of telling you anyway!" I replied, desperately.

"Jadis was evil." Peter began, "I understand that your majesty, I didn't ask for her to put her powers in me for wrongdoing." I said, rather short tempered.

"How do we know we can still trust you?" Peter asked.

"I could have turned on you anytime from the day we met, and just now, I could have released the White Witch myself." I answered.

There was silence and the three boys continued to stare at me.

"And you don't feel like stone do you?" I asked.

Caspian promptly turned and walked towards the stairs. "Caspian." I sighed, "Caspian please wait." I followed him up the stairs but he ignored me, and headed outside.

"I'll talk to him." I turned to see professor Cornelius giving me a sympathetic look, I only nodded in response. I sighed, I had to trust the professor could help him understand. For the sake of our relationship, and Narnia.