𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 - 𝒮𝑒𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒟𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓊𝓇𝒷𝑒𝒹 𝒜𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃

I noticed Edmund standing alone.

I approached him and began to say something but the words died in my throat when I saw the look on his face.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking, and that was unsettling.

"I'm sorry." I said, "I know the story of the Witch and the wardrobe, and I'm not the same evil villain she was . . . I don't want to hurt people."

Edmund looked up at me, "I thought we understood each other, I thought- I thought . . ." He replied.

"We did- but I'm a cursed, ex-Telmarine, and still I'm here to fight for Narnia and its people. I know it'll be hard to trust me, but I will stand beside you and the others and fight for what's right." I said, looking into his eyes.

"I didn't want this to happen, I should have told everyone. And, I know we haven't known each other for long but, I . . . I really care about you." I added, my gaze drifting towards the ground.

"I trust you." Edmund replied, "You're not her. I see that.". I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Even as a Telmarine you actually want to fight even if it's against what you've been taught." he continued.

"And to be clear . . . I care about you too," Edmund finished. I smiled and pulled him into a hug.

"Also you kissed me so I don't have much of a choice other than to forgive you." he shrugged, smirking.

I pulled away and shoved him lightly,"You kissed me back!" I said, keeping my voice down.

We laughed for a moment until I saw Peter, Susan, and Lucy. "You should talk to them." Edmund said, I nodded and made my way towards them.

"Your majesties." I said, Peter and Susan looked at me warily. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to hide my . . . ability from you, but I want to help. I'll do whatever I can to serve Narnia.".

"We've been talking about it, and we think none of that was your fault. After all, no one asks to be cursed" Susan responded.

"And, back there you could have released her that entire time but you didn't, and I . . . I shouldn't have assumed." Peter added, apologetically.

"Thank you, I appreciate your understanding." I said, happy that there were no hard feelings between the others.

"Also we've seen you with Edmund. The White Witch got to him the worst, but if he trusts you, we trust you too." Peter added.

"That being said, I think you should clear things up with Caspian. Tension between siblings won't be useful against the Telmarines, and trust me if anyone knows about sibling feuds it's me." Peter prompted, nodding towards the professor Cornelius, who had just come back inside.

"I'll speak with him." I said, Immediately making my way outside to look for him.

I found Caspian sitting on the rocks above the temple staring out at the land before us, and I joined him.

"The professor told me why you couldn't say anything." He said, not breaking his gaze ahead.

"You know I would have told you. You're my brother." I replied.

"There's nothing we can do about the curse, is there?" Caspian sighed, "No cure or anything?"

"No. The professor searched." I answered, resting my head on his shoulder.

"There's something else I need to tell you. About last night." He said, "What is it?" I asked.

"I went to Miraz's room." Caspian stated, sorrow in his eyes/

"What happened?" I asked, worried someone had gotten hurt.

"Miraz killed father in his sleep," he confessed.

"I . . . I can't believe it." I replied,"He said-" I stuttered.

"Miraz said he died in his sleep, he lied to everyone." Caspian finished.

"I should have known . . . Father." I said, a few tears running down my face. We sat there in silence as my shock set in. "Miraz won't win. We'll set things right." I reassured him.

Speak of the devil. I saw in the distance men appearing from the woods.

It was the Telmarines and a whole army of them.

"They're here." Caspian said, shooting up, "With a lot of soldiers." I added.

We immediately made our way back into the temple and I saw Edmund standing at the entrance.

"So you see them too huh?" I asked, "We just can't get a moments peace around here can we?"

"I better tell Peter." He replied, I could see fear in his eyes.

"Hey." I said, grabbing his hand, "It's alright. They won't attack until they've figured out the terms of battle." Edmund nodded before running off to get the High King.

Caspian and I made our way to the second level of the How to look out on the army, observing the situation.

Sure enough there they were, marching towards us, war machines with them The Kings and Queens joined us, and the Narnians below ran out of the temple to see what was happening. Edmund and I shared a look of worry.

The soldiers glimmering silver in the sun stopped, and on a white horse, dressed in gold was our uncle, no doubt ready to fight. This wasn't going to be an easy battle.