𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒 - 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝓊𝑒𝓁

I changed into more formal armor and spotted Edmund in the hall

"Edmund." I called, walking up to him.

"You look amazing." he said, face slightly pink.

"Thanks, I thought I'd go for a more traditional look. Is Peter ready?" I asked.

"Yes. We're prepared to meet Miraz for the challenge." He answered.

"Peter can protect himself right?" I asked, "He's one of the best swordsmen in Narnia. He can do it." Edmund reassured,

"From what I've seen you are most definitely the best swordsmen in Narnia, but I guess it must be in your blood." I said, pecking him on the cheek.

"Ed?!" Peter called, it was time for the duel to start.

Peter, Edmund and I exited Aslan's How, Narnians crowded the entrance and cheered, and the Temarines in the distance raised their weapons and cheered as well.

We approached the ruins in front of the How where Miraz, General Glowzelle, Lord Sopespian, and another one of Miraz's advisors sat.

The centaur Glenstorm bowed his head to Peter with his sword raised, and joined us as we stepped towards.

I noticed Miraz whisper something to Glowzelle, not a good sign. Hopefully Peter was prepared for any tricks my Uncle might try.

"I hope you aren't planning on trying anything Uncle. Unless you want one of your fellow Lords to end up with a stone leg." I warned.

"I would never, dear niece. What happened to not using your powers for evil?" Miraz sneered.

"It doesn't count if it's only quickening an evil one's fate." I responded flatly.

Miraz rose from his seat. Edmund held out Peter's sword for him to take, and when Peter unsheathed it the Narnians cheered.

I took Peter's scabbard from Edmund and set it aside. "Best of luck to you, Peter. I know you'll win." I said, he looked back at me and nodded before turning back to Miraz.

"I hope you won't be too disappointed when I survive." Miraz muttered, placing his helmet on his head and taking out his sword.

Miraz and Peter stepped forward into the ruins. "There is still time to surrender." Miraz said, "Well, feel free." Peter replied.

"How many more must die for the throne?" Miraz asked. "Just one." Peter said, pulling his helmet over his face.

Immediately they both sprung into action, raising their swords in the air. Peter jumped off a broken brick from the ruins and attacked Miraz from above.

It was a close fight, they took turns slashing their swords at each other and holding their shields up in defense.

Miraz swung at Peter, and Peter blocked, then as Miraz lost his balance Peter slashed his blade across his back and he groaned in pain. Their swords continued to clash as everyone watched in excitement.