𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒 - 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝐵𝑒 𝐸𝒶𝓈𝓎

The next morning Caspian and I had gathered everyone in the courtyard to see off the Pevensies, and then went outside to find Aslan.

We found Aslan speaking with Peter and Susan.

We shared a glance and decided to leave them to speak, but Aslan spotted us before we could leave, "Your majesties?"

We turned back around, and Susan had a pained expression on her face, and Peter avoided eye contact.

"We are ready. Everyone has assembled." Caspian said, Aslan nodded in response and the two of us headed back to the courtyard.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to man." Caspian proclaimed, in front of the crowd of Narnains and Telmarines.

"Any Telmarines that wish to stay and live in peace are welcome to." I continued, "But for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers." Caspian finished.

"It's been generations since we left Telmar." One man spoke up.

"We're not referring to Telmar." Aslan replied, "Your ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. The same world as our Kings and Queens." Aslan explained, looking towards the Pevensies.

"It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start." Aslan continued.

The crowd looked around at each other, "I will go." a man piped up, it was Glozelle. "I will accept the offer." He said, Caspian and I nodded to him, and he nodded back.

Glozelle stepped forward, our aunt Prunaprismia along with her child and her father stepped forward, "So will we." She added, "Because you have spoken first, your future in that world shall be good." Aslan said.

The great lion then breathed a breath of air and the tree that stood tall in the courtyard twisted and opened into a doorway, and the crowd exclaimed.

Then Glozelle, Punaprimia, her child, and her father stepped forward, and disappeared through the doorway.

The crowd gasped and murmured to each other.

"Where did they go?" One person asked, "They killed them!" Another exclaimed. "How do we know he is not leading us to our death?" Another asked.

"Sire, if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice through with no delay." Reepicheep said.

Aslan looked towards the Pevensies.

"We'll go." Peter said,

"We will?" Edmund asked.

Peter looked to his siblings, "Come on. Our time's up." he said, "After all, we're not really needed here anymore." He continued, taking his sword from his hip and offering it to Caspian.

Caspian took the blade, "I will look after it until you return." Caspian said.

"I'm afraid that's just it." Susan chimed in, "We're not coming back."

That's what Aslan was talking to them about earlier.

"We're not?" Lucy asked.

"You two are." Peter said, "At least, I think he means you two." he continued, looking to Aslan.

"But why? Did they do something wrong?" Lucy asked, "Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time." Aslan replied, "Your brother and sister have learned all they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live in their own.".

"It's alright Lu, It's not how I thought it would be . . . but it's alright." Peter said, "One day you'll see too. Come on." Peter took Lucy to the tree.

It started out as a feeling

"Thank you for protecting Narnia King Peter." I said, "That's my job. Keep them safe while I'm gone will you?" He asked, "Of course, Narnia won't forget you." I replied.

Which then grew into a hope

I looked at Lucy, "I'll look forward to seeing you again Queen Lucy." I said, "I'll come back as soon as I can." She replied hopefully.

Which then turned into a quiet thought

I watched as Peter and Lucy walked up to Glenstorm, Professor Cornelius, Trufflehunter, Reepicheep, and Trumpkin and bowed.

Lucy looked at Trumpkin sadly, and engulfed him in a hug, before joining her brother again.

Which then turned into a quiet word

Then I made eye contact with Edmund, and the look on his face was heartbreaking. I immediately ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

And then that word grew louder and louder

"You better come back to me." I said tearfully.

"I will." Edmund replied.

I placed a kiss on his cheek and took a deep breath in.

'Til it was a battle cry

I looked towards Caspian and Susan. "I'm glad I came back." Susan said, "I wish we had more time together." Caspian added.

"It would never have worked anyway." She replied, "Why not?" Caspian asked, "I am 1,300 years older than you." Susan answered.

I'll come back

Susan went to go with her siblings, but turned around and placed a kiss on Caspian's lips, and Caspian wrapped his arms around her in a hug.

"I'm sure when I'm older I'll understand." Lucy said, "I'm older and I don't think I want to understand." Edmund added jokingly.

When you call me

Susan then stepped forward with her siblings and took Lucy's hand. The Kings and Queens of old looked upon their people again, and Caspian and I each wrapped an arm around each other as we watched the Pevensies turn around to face the tree.

No need to say goodbye

Edmund's eyes met mine, and I gave him a bittersweet smile, and Lucy turned around to Aslan one last time, and he nodded in her direction.

Then one by one the Pevensies stepped through the tree and disappeared.

No need to say goodbye