Race 3

I wore a black midi dress and a white leather choker necklace and a pair of silver heels.I grabbed my purse and headed to the reception area. Once I reached the receptionist, she looked at me with a surprised face.

" Reservation from Mr. Rodolfo Dominggo? "I asked her.

"Yes ma'am,"she pointed out, "that table."I glanced at the table and saw a familiar man sitting there with his head down. I saw Randy was already there.

I felt relieved seeing him and I don't what will happen when he's not here. I walked towards the table and I could hear my heart beating loudly when I saw him. He was wearing a light blue shirt and dark gray slacks. His gray hair was neatly combed back and his facial features looked sharper. He lifted his head and our eyes met.

" You came early. I was expecting you would be late again, " he said with a tone of authority. I bowed to him,

"I am just lucky that there's no traffic today, grandpa, I mean Chairperson. " I replied. He simply nodded at me, and then turned his attention to something in front of him on the table.

I took one glance at Randy and then looked back at grandpa and said,

" So how was your trip sir? " This earned me a raised eyebrow from our grandfather, but otherwise, he remained quiet for a minute. I sat next to him and we ate in silence. My father cleared his throat after awhile and addressed the old Chairperson.

"So how was it, papa?" My father asked grandpa with an amused smile on his face.

"It was nice enough,"Grandpa said."Did you enjoy yourself in Spain? "My father continued to ask.

"I enjoyed it immensely, "The old Chairperson replied.

"How about you, Red? How's your car racing career? I heard our company sells quite a lot of cars in the city here in the Philippines. "Grandpa asked.

I swallowed hard and tried to hide the nervousness in my voice,

"it's good I guess. "I answered nervously, hoping they wouldn't notice the nervousness in my voice.

"That's all you have to say? That's good enough?"Grandpa asked again, sounding irritated now.

"Yes grandpa. Yes, sir. " I said and looked at him, trying to avoid eye contact.

And Randy glanced at me again. I still felt his eyes penetrating me.

After dinner, we bid each other farewell. I was about to call Danny to pick me up when I heard the honk of a black van. Then the wind shield opened and it was grandpa.

"Where's your car? " he asked coldly.

"Huh? "

"Where is your car?" he repeated.

"I left it in my condo, grandpa. " I said to him, looking directly in his eyes, trying to calm myself, so I could get through the encounter.

"Then let's go!" he snapped. I got behind him, with my back straight, as we drove to my condo.

When we arrived at my condo's building, grandpa got out of the passenger's seat.

"I want to talk to you alone, Red. " he spoke in a low growl.

"Sure, chairperson." I said and got out of the back seat.

He locked the door of the car and we both walked inside the elevator.

"I want you to quit your career, Raniyah, and focus on our business. " He said sternly.I was surprised by what he said and didn't know how to react.

"What? "