《CHAPTER 3》

"Who will help him with the heart operation if you don't? The surgeons are quite busy these days." random nurse. "Never in my life have I operated on someone before.." Xiao Zhan uttered his thought. He didn't feel courageous enough to do it since it's his first time, also he's afraid of failing. Perhaps trying, on the other hand, wasn't a bad thing. Yet he is still being pessimistic and attempt to empty his mind. He frowned, not knowing what to do as he slowly gets closer to Xuesong's room window. He gawked at him like a stiff statue, 'Even the best surgeon in China could only had 50% possibility to operate him in a safe condition. How am I gonna do?' Zhan thought and lose his optimistic self. Xuesong saw him on the window and called him in.

"A-zhan, why are you standing there?? Come in." Xuesong greeted as usual. "Mhmm, I just feel bored." Zhan replied and come inside. "Before I get operated, I want to tell you a little secret." This man is making Zhan feel more curious, innocent Zhan gets closer to Xuesong in order to listen that secret clearly. "What.. is it?" this cute man can't hold his curiosity anymore as Xuesong chuckled teasingly, "I saw your boss just now when you're talking to him, he's so DAMN HOT AF..." "LIN XUESONG!!" Zhan throwed the pillow to him. That boy be joking on his condition like this, maybe because he wanted Zhan to smile and not think about his condition anymore. "So, what are you doing out there just now? Was it your damn vexing patient again?" Xuesong questioned Zhan, joked a bit to exasperate him. "Nope, it's granny Guo calling me." Xiao Zhan replied.

"What did she said?" Xuesong asked curiously. "She's gonna come here to visit me and then, fetch you home *grinned teasingly*, soo.. bye!" Xiao Zhan opens the hospital door and is about to leave when suddenly a cheerful voice was heard by him, "Aiyoo, a-zhan a, I miss you so much *hugs him fondly*. I remember the last time I saw you was when you're graduating senior high school together with Songsong.." Guo Niangfen brought back all the lovely memories in that sweet man's mind and he just felt more and more miserable since Xuesong is suffering condition like this. "Granny Guo, I have something important to tell you." Zhan can't hold to burst out the truth anymore. "Tell me, I'm all ears." Niangfen replied curiously.

"Actually, I just found out about it recently, yet I'm afraid you might be worried. Thus, I didn't tell you. The thing is.. Songsong.. he..." Zhan can't finish his sentence, he just turned his gaze downwards and focused his eyes on the ground. "A-zhan, what's wrong with Songsong?" Guo Niangfen was already on a high level of curiosity. "Songsong... was diagnosed with heart cancer disease and had to be operated as soon as possible." Zhan finally could tell out everything. "What happens if he wasn't operated?" Guo Niangfen tried her best to hold her tears. "Without immediate surgery, he.. couldn't be saved..." Xiao Zhan's feeling is really tormenting himself right now. Niangfen's tears at last fell too, she didn't replied to Zhan. Xuesong felt bored inside the room and went out to check on Xiao Zhan, he was surprised to see his granny there.

"Granny, you're here.. why do you cry?" Xuesong saw tears falling off his granny's eyes and wiped it off. "I miss you... *hugs him tightly*" Niangfen hugged him lovingly. "Why would you miss me? We meet like everyday." Xuesong chuckled. "I'll accompany you to sleep at the hospital today." Guo Niangfen added. "Granny Guo, you don't need to. You can rest at home, you must be tired." Lin Xuesong was just as gentleman as before. "No, I'll still accompany you here.." Niangfen insisted. Since she insisted so much, Xuesong agreed and went inside the room with his granny. Then he directly jump on that cozy bed to sleep.