A few days had passed since the night Aemond crashed at your place, and you hadn't spoken to him ever since. It wasn't that you choose to avoid him on purpose, with several papers being due the next few weeks, but somehow you did.

His texts got noticeably shorter, until he eventually stopped texting you, his last message a simple "K", clearly he had figured out your intentions.

At first, you liked the thought of him taking you out on a date, but it changed once you thought about the possible consequences if it wasn't going to work out between you both. You were content with the dynamic of your situationship, and that there weren't any strings attached.

You relied on Aemond as one of your closest friends, and you really appreciated the advices he gave you, as well as his company in general. And you were certain you were going to lose him, and the comfort he brought you, if things were going to go downhill.

That was a high risk for you to take, yet you weren't sure if your plan to avoid him until everything settled back to normal was going to make things better. It wasn't going to get back to how it was before.

You were sitting in the library, perched over a thick book. However, you had to read over the page several times, because you just couldn't seem to focus on what was written on it - your thoughts always straying to the predicament you got yourself in. That was, until a presence behind you pulled you out of your thoughts.

"I haven't seen you in quite some time now." It was Aemond - you'd recognize that smooth voice everywhere.

You felt his eyes burning into the back of your skull, the intensity paralyzing you so much, you weren't able to turn around to face him. "Well, I was busy avoiding you, but my luck obviously ran out," you practically forced the words out of your mouth, only realizing how mean they had to sound once it was too late. But by the way Aemond snickered at your remark, you knew he wasn't angry and took it as teasing.

The blonde moved to sit down in the chair next to you. "Yeah, obviously. It's good I knew where to look for you, then," he remarked, amused, hands clasped in front of him with his fingers fidgeting with one of his rings. He had probably asked your best friend Baela about your whereabouts, and certainly she was going to receive an angry message of you later.

"Alpha Chi Sigma is throwing a frat party tonight and I was wondering if you'd like to come with me? ... as a date?" The hesitation in his voice finally had you looking at him, your curious gaze immediately noticing the small crease that was showing between his brows. Normally, you wouldn't blush when someone asked you out, but it was different with Aemond, given that you'd love to do nothing more than to come with him.

The ACS were one of the most popular fraternities on campus, and you were sure the party was going to be overcrowded as hell - which made you aware of how serious Aemond took the matter of taking you out. With you both attending the party together, he was willing to show everyone on campus that he wanted to be with you.

"Actually, Baela and I already planned to go together," it wasn't a lie. Baela had asked you to join her, you, however, had politely declined and claimed you didn't have time, but you couldn't tell Aemond that, "perhaps we could meet at the party?"

His face fell ever so slightly as you brushed his invitation off, but he was quick to cover the sting of being rejected up. "Well, 'm going to meet you there, I guess." And with that, he left you, a slight ache prominent in your heart, because you did not want to hurt him.

You sighed out once you were alone, resting your face in your hands in pure despair, because it meant you had to go out tonight. Going to that party also brought a high risk of you stumbling into your ex boyfriend as well, and you weren't keen of having Jace and Aemond finally meet each other.