P͟͟r͟͟e͟͟f͟͟a͟͟c͟͟e͟͟

This is here to clear up any common misconceptions about my stories; a FAQ, if you will.

So, in true short horror story fashion, it will be formatted in a list of rules:

1. This is undoubtedly a collection of short stories. These stories do not connect to each other, besides the fact that they have similar themes and the same fictional universe that they are set in.

2. The protagonists are all different people. They will have similar ways of thinking, and the same universe, but they are not the same person, unless they are included in multiple part stories.

3. The stories are meant to be mature, abstract, jarring, and or peculiarly worded. 99 percent of the time, I meant to mention that detail; I worded it that way on purpose; I have a complex writing style on purpose. If you are ever confused about something, feel free to comment on it, but otherwise, operate on a basis where every detail will be important later on.

4. There is overarching lore for this series. I have moved those chapters to the end, because they are not helpful when getting reviewed or judged in a contest, because, ultimately, they are not needed to comprehend any of the stories themselves. If you plan on reading most all chapters, then I recommend reading the chapters in 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚗𝚝. They are just extra information to understand the world that these unfortunate protagonists live in.

5. Do not take everything so seriously. I am not a professional writer, and you are not a professional journalist whose only mission in life is to write the most accurate review on this book or else the world will implode. Approach these chapters with a sense of whimsy, but still be attentive.

6. There is a second book to the Trepidations series. The Definition of Ephialtes—have fun reading!

7. Feel free to skip around the chapters to whatever seems most interesting on first glance. These stories are non-linear (aka, they do not go in a specific order).

8. There is a main antagonist.

9. There are no main protagonists.

10. There are no happy endings.

Enjoy!