Meeting "Atlas"

Marie sighed and tears stung at her eyes. "I'm exhausted, hungry, and sore.. Can I go home yet?" Marie asked. "I wish you could, lass, but you can't just yet," Atlas replied. "Where do I go?" The blonde woman asked. "You need to go to the medical pavilion." The man said softly.

Marie started her trek to the pavilion. Singing a song softly.

Hey brother, there's an endless road to rediscover..
Hey sister, know the water's sweet, but blood is thicker..
Oh, if the sky comes falling down...
For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do..
Hey brother, do you still believe in one another...?
Hey sister, do you still believe in love, I wonder...
Oh, if the sky comes falling down..
For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do..

The blonde woman heard some over the radio. "You sing beautifully, lass," Atlas said, his voice soft. She blushed in embarrassment. "T-thanks," She said.

Marie heard a cackle and she gripped her melee weapon, an old pipe, tightly. A woman appeared out of the shadows. "A newcomer.. I'll teach you a thing or two about stepping on my turf, lady!" The crazed woman screamed as lunged at Marie. Marie swung her pipe at the woman, knocking her down with a sickening crack.

Marie then poked at her with the pipe, confirming that she was dead.

"Good job," Atlas said, "You've succeeded in your first kill, lassie!"