Suprise

You hear a rhythmic knock on your door. You know who it is, your partner, your best friend, and your lover, Arden. You walk to the door at a comfortable pace, knowing that Arden is behind it. As you open the door, you can see her grinning at you, showing her dimples, with a bouquet of roses in her hands. "Hey babe," she says with a raspy voice while smirking at you. You point at the bouquet while raising your eyebrows, "What is this for?" You appreciate her gesture, but she didn't need to bring something since you two were just going to be hanging out. "What, now I can't show my love for you?" She steps inside while giving you a quick kiss on the lips. "As if you don't show me your love in general," you tease, closing the door and following her. Arden places the bouquet on the kitchen counter, taking off her jacket and putting it in its proper place. You wait until she's taken it off and take her hand, leading you two to your sofa. "You want to watch something?" You ask, looking into her gray-blue eyes. She's smiling at you, and you can't help but smile in return. Why wouldn't you? You love her. Whenever she's around, your heart beats two times faster than before. Whenever she smiles, you smile in return, your heart melting while looking at her dimples. You feel a hand against your cheek. You were so lost in thought that you didn't notice that Arden had already turned on the TV. "In thought?" Arden says with a teasing tone while grinning at you. You shrug. "Thinking about you," it's the truth. Arden's cheeks flush.

After a while, the two of you settle into a new position, with Arden laying on the sofa sideways and you behind her, with your arms around her waist. Your cheek is pressed against her shoulder, and from time to time, kisses are peppered on the side of your face, leaving you smiling at how happy you are right now.