Epilogue:

We had picked up my publishing contract early in the morning, but I stared at it for hours. It was in front of me. I had until the end of the week to return it to the office. They gave me time to review the legal terms. And I did, with a perfect pen in my hand. I was ready to sign.

Then I sneezed.

"Babe?" Reece called. "Bless you."

I wiped my nose with tissue as I reread the first few paragraphs of my new contract. Reece and I had fallen into each other's arms that night and I ended up with Reece's flu. A price I paid because it was worth it. The event, the celebration, and the rush of applause. I was happy I had that opportunity.

It felt like everything came full circle for me. And I couldn't be happier.

"Pspsps, come here." Reece's voice came from my kitchen. I looked up, wiping my nose again as I watched him. He called Franny to follow him to the living room. He had a freshly made cup of tea in his hands. I smelled the honey and lemon in the air. I smiled when he looked at me.

"Did you sign it yet, baby?" he asked, putting the cup of tea next to it. He craned his head to look closer at the papers. "I looked it over, you know. Everything's good. Even fair with the two additional books."

"Two more books." I blinked. I couldn't forget that not only did they want Cyber End, but they also wanted two more. A series that I had ideas for.

I clicked my pen again and went to sign. The 'C' in my name was the prettiest 'C' I'd ever written. Then my signature followed.

There. I did it. I signed. And I squealed in excitement.

Reece chuckled and sat next to me. Franny followed but jumped on the table instead.

"You did it." Reece wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. "Your dreams are coming true."

"They are." Leaning on my fist, I turned and looked at him, smiling. "All of my dreams are coming true."

He smirked, leaning in for a soft kiss. "Yeah. You say that like it's more than the book deal."

"It is," I said.

"So, what's the rest of your dream?"

"You," I whispered. "Love. You came true. And I'm happy this happened."

Biting his lip, Reece passed his hand over the back of his head. "I'm happy you stayed that day and let me buy you tea."

That was our first real conversation. I couldn't forget it. The sound of the rain hitting the windows. The smell of food and tea was in the air. I leaned against him and closed my eyes. "Thank you for remembering my order." Because if he hadn't, would I have even tried?

He kissed the top of my head. "Thank you for remembering mine."