Dinner?

"What the hell is she doing here?" These were the words Santana was greeted with as she walked through the doors of the Pierce house. Hoping to spend time with Ellie, the girl was severely disappointed when her ex girlfriend stared down at her from the stair case. The next voice the brunette heard was one of a kinder tone, "Oh! Santana, you made it!" Ellie trotted down the stairs while addressing the shorter girl. "Great job singing today!" The blonde girl went up to hug Santana, causing a tingling in her stomach.

   Santana smiled at the notion, responding shyly, "Thanks Ellie." Ellie motioned for her to follow upstairs to her room, leaving an angry and shocked Brittany behind. As Santana walked past her ex she heard the girl whisper, "Bitch." Santana glared at her, but kept walking towards the other girl's room. The Pierce house was usually very empty. This was mostly due to the fact that the two girl's parents were never home. They were always either working, on business trips, or on date nights.

   Santana had always been more than fine with the fact, knowing it meant there would be no disturbances. She sat down on the blonde girl's bed, tilting her head to the side and asking, "What do you wanna do?" Ellie smiled at the older girl. She then pointed to a dvd of Frozen she had on a bookshelf. The brunette girl shrugged. She really didn't care for the animated movie, but if it kept Ellie entertained, then it would have to do.

  "Where are you going to college?" Ellie interrupted the movie to initiate what would be inevitably awkward small talk. Santana smiled, always liking the question unlike her peers. "I'm going to NYU." Ellie was taken aback. She looked over at Santana, studying her a little bit before responding, "Really? I can't imagine you going to New York. What are you going for?" Another one of Santana's favorite questions on the topic. She answered the girl in a proud and confident manner. "I'm going for its law program."

   The tall blonde girl was again shocked. This time her expression was a lot more apparent. Santana seemed to be offended by the notion, frowning at her. "What? You think I'm stupid or something? I'm not your sister." Ellie felt as if she should stick up for Brittany, but she didn't, not really seeing the point in it.

   Santana settled into the covers to a more comfortable position, feeling Ellie's soft pillow behind her head. Subconsciously grabbing onto the blonde girls arm and clinging before drifting off to sleep. Ellie followed not long after, having had a considerably long day.

                       .     .      .     .      .     .

   Marched moved on in an uneventful chain of boring lessons and club meetings with the occasional practice with Sue. Santana and Ellie had grown close. But in a weird and awkward friends kind of close. Not really much more. Santana hadn't talked to Brittany in a while. This was probably for the best as the girl did not take all too kindly to her.

   Santana walked to her locker on a cold Friday afternoon. The final bell had just rung. She could here someone quickly approaching her. Ellie. She then felt herself being turned around to see the smiling face of the blonde girl. "Hey Ellie. How were your classes today?" Ellie shrugged off the question as if it were not important.

   Santana could see her take a deep breath before letting out a string of what could not possibly form an actual sentence. "Willyougotodinnerwithmetonight?" Santana raised her eyebrows and laughed. "I didn't quite catch that Ellie." Ellie smirked a little bit before taking another deep breath and annunciating her words this time. "Will you go to dinner with me tonight? I mean like it doesn't have to be a date, I just kinda h-had reservations to this really f-fancy restaurant and didn't want it to go to waste. It's ok if you don't wanna though, I completely understa-" 

   Santana cut her off by laughing. Ellie taking offense, thinking she was laughing at her attempt to take her on a date. "Of course I'd like to go on a date with you Ellie. I know just the dress I'll wear."

   Ellie let out a sigh of relief at hearing the girls response. "Good." Both girls smiled. "Good. Text me the details, Ok?" Ellie had her listened now, so Santana kind of expected her to do the driving, but she wouldn't be opposed to doing the driving herself. Santana skipped off happily, ready to prepare herself for her first First Date in two years.

   Ellie smiled to herself, too. In the beginning she had just been trying to make her sister jealous, but now she had really taken a liking for the short girl. She ran out of school, drove straight home and jumped into her closet to find something to wear.