Tis The Season (Breeding)

Reader: She/Her

Loki: He/Him

I wiped my eyes with a groan, freshly showered, and dressed in some rickety shorts and a loose tank top. 'Just because it's snowing doesn't mean the base's heat needs to be cranked up to a million!' I screamed in my head, it was sweltering in there. 'Are you home?' I jumped hearing Loki and sighed 'Dude, just because you can read minds doesn't mean you can just barge in-' 'Are. You. Home?' he sent back. I sighed 'Yeah, I just got back, ' I stepped into the kitchen beginning to prepare some food. I set your laptop down, opening my emails up "Friday" I called "Can you call Tony for me?" Friday chimed and trilled for a moment before a click came through.

"Kid?"

"Not a kid."

He sighed

"Where the hell have you been?"

"I was on a mission dude!"

"What happened to your phone dude, we've been trying to contact you all day"

"I got mugged on the way home?"

"Kid."

"Fine, fine, I left it in Bolivia"

"Wait, left in Bolivia... You're not home are you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You cannot be there, Loki is out and he's dangerous"

I groaned and cross my arms "Tony, I'm not having this fight with you again, Loki has been working for us for two years, you need to actually give him a chance here," I chided. "God damn it you don't understand just go to your room and lock the door, you are not safe!" he hung up shortly after that. I shook my head, continuing my cooking 'I'm at least making some goddamn food' I placed my food in the microwave. 'They let you out of your room?' I thought, but nothing came back 'Dude.' once again, nothing 'Dude, seriously, Tony's being pissy again, come to the kitchen, and I'll walk you back to your room,'

'So you're in the kitchen, good.'

I sighed "Suppose that's better than nothing" I murmured, leaning over the counter to type away at my reports. I understand my friend's apprehension about Loki, I was in New York too, but I heard him loud and clear, he was being manipulated by some thumb-looking guy. Guy was a shy little mischief-maker with an asshole dad, nothing more. And after we started dating? Utterly adorable, really, guy was a puppy dog. Thinking of him makes me smile, I might as well crash in Loki's room, it keeps him out of trouble, and he can help me stay awake. I tapped away even when hearing footsteps "Hey, so seriously, did they let you out or did you escape?" I asked. He sighed "Does 'leaving my bedroom door open' count as letting me out?" I snickered "Absolutely," I gasped feeling him tug on the bottom of my shorts. I stood and slapped his hand "Hey, careful," he only laughed, putting his hand right back on it "Relax, they're not here" he said.

I tugged it away again "Still, you should be careful, man, I don't want to deal with lectures on top of Tony's vague shit. He's hardcore freaking out dude, what did you do?" I asked. He tilted his head, moving his hands to my thigh "I missed you, I may have acted out," he murmured, massaging my skin. I crossed my arms "You stabbed Thor didn't you?" he pushed me against the bar "He said something, you stabbed Thor and escaped when he was rushed to the infirmary," I said. Loki growled slightly before putting me on the counter "Only a bit" he murmured, I sighed, trying to push him off but he wasn't having it "What is going on with you?" I asked, gasping as he leaned down to my neck.

I clenched up once his lips met my skin, he was freezing "Are you alright? You're chilly," I touched his forehead but he ignored it, kissing my skin. Admittedly it felt really nice "Loki" I whimpered out feeling his fingers knead into my hips "Dude, we're in the kitchen" I warn lazily. He picks me up, sitting me on the counter "Yes, I know, someone could walk in any minute," he growls out, sliding his hands up my shirt. I arched back, glancing at the door as his kisses decorated my neck "Loki~" I whimpered "Let me welcome you home" he encourages. Honestly, he felt amazing, nice and cool against my skin, relaxing my every nerve like he could always do. He suddenly winces and retracts himself, brushing his hair back "Sorry I..." he curled his fists and looked down before huffing "Good night" he murmured.