Chapter 02

It was 1 AM and Levi couldn't sleep. He simply stared at the ceiling, wanting to get up, and had no idea what to do if he did get out of bed.

There's no work to prep, no planning of the budgets, and no early calls from overseas business partners. Nothing.

Levi tried to sleep but another blame was the new house. He's still unfamiliar with his room and it's harder to clear his mind and sleep more than two hours. Even though he was tired from the move, he can't simply sleep until sunrise.

Sitting up, the raven stared at the empty space in his room. His clothes are still in boxes as well as Eren's. He certainly needed to purchase cabinets and then there are groceries. Taking his phone from the side table, Levi searched for a 24/7 store in the area, when he found one, he gave it a call to make sure that they are open at this time. When he confirmed that they are indeed open, Levi changed his clothes and drove off to the store.

It was only a small grocery store but he was able to buy all the necessary food items for them. He didn't purchase any milk formula since he had no idea what his son likes, but he did grab a small whale plushie on the shelf.

Once everything was bought, Levi drove back to his new house. As expected, Eren and the babe are still sleeping and the raven cursed at the time on the clock.

3 AM.

With nothing else to do, Levi put away the groceries and arrange everything in the refrigerator. It only took the raven Alpha 30 minutes to put away everything and left him nothing to do.

Deciding for some tea, Levi made a brew and sit at the dining table. His thoughts were always going back to work mode, but he tried not to think of it and remind himself that he was unemployed.

Instead of moping over his former job, Levi planned the rest of the day once the sun rises. He wanted to establish a new routine but he knew it will be hard since everything around him is new and that comes up with new adjustments.

Sighing, Levi set his cup down and stared at the table's surface. He didn't know how long he stared with no thought on the table, it was soft babbling from the baby's room that snapped him back to reality.

Levi checked the time. It was only 3:46 AM.

Recalling that he bought a whale plush, Levi stood, grabbed the toy, and headed toward the nursery.

The nursery was empty, saved for the boxes of baby stuff and the crib in the center. Levi walked towards the crib and gaze down at his son.

"Why are you wide awake?" Levi whispered to his son who looked up at him with his big green eyes.

"Brats like you should be sleeping right now," Levi muttered and hovered the toy over the baby. Immediately, Adrial grasped it with both hands and knead the toy.

"You like that?" Levi asked, watching as his son bit the toy with his gummy mouth. "Don't put that thing in your mouth," he scolds.

But it was to no avail, Adrial kept biting the whale plushie. Levi sighed.

"Must be nice to be in your position," Levi reached to fix his son's raven hair. "All you do is sleep, wait for Eren to feed you, and play with your toy. I don't recall that I had the same treatment as you when I was a kid but I think it's better that way. I don't want you to be like me, aren't I pathetic."

Adrial gaze never left him, his little hands grasped the toy, and thankfully he stopped putting it in his mouth.

"I don't know what to do," Levi said honestly. "I think I should feel a bit of freedom because Kenny's in jail but after all those years living under his wing and doing his job... I ..."