Chapter 03

Levi wrote down the last data in the record book before turning to the computer and start typing away all the numbers.

His office, Levi's couldn't even call it a proper office space since it was such a small room with a filing cabinet and a small desk with a computer. The room was bland, save for the picture of a cat hanging on the gray walls. Nevertheless, Levi was able to get some work done.

Once everything was settled, the raven lean back on his swivel chair and sighed. He glanced down at the time on the computer with pinched eyebrows.

3 hours.

First day of his new job in the bar as a bookkeeper and it only took him 3 hours to do all the work and prep work for the bar's finances for the next two years.

Levi could have felt proud of himself and his exceptional skills but then now what? He had nothing to do after he present everything to Pixis, the owner of the bar, all of his work.

Gathering the record book, the raven Alpha just does that. He went straight to Pixis office and found the old, bald Alpha looking over a catalog of spirits and wine.

"Pixis," Levi called to get his attention.

"Ah! Levi, my boy! How may I help you? Do you need anything?" Pixis smiled and gestured for the raven Alpha to sit in the armchair.

"It's fine. I'm good. I bought this for you to check," Levi passed the record book but his eyes shifted to the catalog that was spread on the bald Alpha's table.

"Oh?" Pixis took the book and flipped through the pages. His eyes widen. "What the?! Levi... did you do this? This is amazing!"

"Yes, I also added prep work for the next two years. That way, we won't have any financial setbacks and if we do, we have a backup," Levi supplied, eyes still glued on the catalog.

"Just... amazing," Pixis gaped before laughing awkwardly and scratching the back of his bald head. "I knew you'll be overqualified for the job."

"It's fine, I like what I do and it's not about the pay anyways," the raven shrugged.

"I understand," Pixis said thoughtfully and noticed that the raven had been eyeing the catalog from the moment Levi stepped into his office. "Hmmm, since you got your work cut out for yourself, why don't you help me choose a new addition to the shelf?"

Levi blinked and tear his gaze away from the catalog. "Me? But I don't know anything about these."

"Then I'll teach you! It will be beneficial for you as well when you look over the prices!"

Levi nodded, Pixis did have a point there. "But it is really okay? I'm not an expert. I hardly drink alcohol."

"But you still come to this bar before and appreciate them."

"I do but..."

"Come on, grab a chair, and let's look over these selections," Pixis insisted, not giving Levi a chance to refuse.

Levi pursed his lips and dragged the armchair near Pixis's table. The old Alpha started explaining the spread of the catalog on his table and shared his thoughts about certain spirits that Levi hardly knew about. Though Pixis was right when he said that the raven appreciate alcohol but Levi was not an expert and had little knowledge about them.

Pixis taught him the basic alcohol in the catalog first before moving to the complicated ones that were meant exclusively for mixing with other drinks.

Levi would be lying if he said that he was not interested. He would fish his phone and search the web for possible cocktail mixes where they can incorporate the other spirits.