Four

what died didnt stay dead
'Wildfire'
Season 1 episode 5

edited

Thank you to starfirette on tumblr for the Glenn and reader part in this chapt. It's changed up a little up still mainly the same :)

Andrea sits by Amy's corpse all night, and almost all day. Just leaned over with tears in her eye occasionally whispering how much she loves her, and how sorry she is that this happened. We all watch from a far. We feel bad, almost all of us know what it's like to lose someone you love to this, even if it wasn't a sibling, or a family member we've all lost loved ones to this. We all know how it feels. Lori's the first to go over. she tries to talk to Andrea but she's just kind of in a daze. A saddened, traumatized daze. The abled body people are helping take out all the bodies. Stabbing them through the brain before throwing the walkers into a pit of fire and our people in a pile to be buried.

I'm sitting with the kids as far away from Amy's body as I could. She was like a sister to me, I didn't want to see her like that. I just hoped I was as far away from her body as I could be when she eventually turned.

The kids are fine, somehow their just fine. I don't understand how they're able to just bounce back after all the traumatizing shit they've been through.  Carl, Sophia, Eliza, and Louis played as far away from the dead bodies as their parents could get them. I was in charge of watching them. it seemed like I was always in charge of the kids, when I wasn't busy with my "doctor" duties I was watching the kids. I had both my gun and my knife stuffed in my pocket just in case any walkers stumble out of the woods.

"How'd you get hurt?" Carl asks his brows knotting together in confusion. "Got shot" I reply, His eyes widened with curiosity "really?! Did it hurt?" I shrug, it didn't at first but after I saw the blood coming out of my leg the pain set in. "not really at first but now it does." 

Sophia is playing with a few dolls she brought from home with Morales's daughter Eliza on the ground next to me, and morale's son Louis is playing with some cars and trucks his father brought back from a run a while back. "Are you sad your dad died?" I overhear Eliza asks bluntly, Sophia just shrugs and mutters a quiet "I Dunno" before going back to playing.

Sophia's a little upset that her father passed away but not as much as carol is. I heard her sobbing in her tent last night. I never understood why she loved him so much, he was such an asshole to both her, and their daughter. But I guess when you get used to something or someone it's hard for life to change.

The sound of a gunshot breaks the kids from their light chatter and playing. It must've been Andrea. Amy must've turned. I let out a sigh as I bury my face into my hands. I only look up when I feel someone staring at me. It's Glenn. "Hey" I say with a weak smile, "it's about time you need to change that thing. You need help?" Glenn asks. I shrug and mutter "yeah sure" I normally am the one doing this for others, even if I get hurt I do it for myself. I notice he's already got my med kit in his hands when he sits down. I pull up the leg of my shorts, so the gauze wrapped wound is exposed. He helps me unwrap the first layer of gauze exposing the gauze pad that has a bit of blood on it. I hiss when Glenn lifts it off of my leg exposing my wound to the air. The kids are watching intrigued by the process of changing the gauze on my leg. Glenn mutters a quiet "sorry, sorry" he takes an alcohol pad and wipes over the wound cleaning the bits of blood away. I whimper and I squeeze my eyes shut as the alcohol-soaked pad touches the wound "sorry, I'm sorry" Glenn whispers again. "gross" I hear Carl mumble.  Glenn then takes some antibiotic ointment and squeezes a little onto a fresh piece of gauze before placing it onto my leg. He then wraps some of the rolled gauze around my leg before pulling my shorts leg back down. "You alright?" He asks.