Chapter 2 : Mr. Atsuomi's Monologue

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

Brain is a bustling hub of electrical activity. This is due to the fact that the cells in our brain, called neurons, use electricity to communicate with each other.

When groups of neurons fire together in a certain way to send signals to other groups of neurons, the resulting patterns are known as brain waves. These electrical patterns are associated with different types of activity in the brain as well as different states of consciousness.

Brain waves are measured by a tool known as an electroencephalogram. The picture that the tool creates portrays this electrical activity in a way that looks like waves.

There are different types of waves generated by our brains at different frequencies such as,

Delta waves, which are between 0.5 and 4 hertz, occur during deep states of dreamless sleep.

Theta waves, which are between 4 and 8 Hz, occur during light sleep or deep relaxation.

Beta waves, which measure between 12 and 30 Hz, are the waves that occur during most conscious, waking states. It is a fast activity that signals attentiveness and alertness. 

Gamma waves, which measure between 25 and 100 Hz, are the fastest wavelength brain waves that are linked to activities such as learning, problem-solving, and information processing.

Last but not least alpha waves, which measure between 8 and 12 Hz, occur when people feel relaxed and when the brain is in an idle state without concentrating on anything.

Everyone's wave frequency and pattern are vastly different, with a similar yet distinct pattern. To be clear, if the pattern of one's brain is exactly copied, the person's likeness may become a remote control.

Though it is not impossible to prevent it, if a device with a frequency interrupter was created, it could confuse the machine itself and prevent scanning.

I don't think they would have overlooked that possibility. It's not that they couldn't, it's that they won't.

They probably became greedy and began to wonder what would happen if they did this and that. If I'm completely honest with myself, this excites me as well.

What I don't understand is why they included a video of that location here.

Choosing Advanced nurturing high school as a location for an experiment may be a possible reasonable choice and might be a  coincidence, but showing the video of White Room at ANHS is far too coincidental.

There's definitely something going on related to the White Room, and it might not be the plan of that man.

"Start the video, Ms Ashie." Eddie ordered.

She looked up from the monitor and turned it on, "On it."

The screen showed the White Room as a single person with a white background. That man  was sitting in front of an array of computer screens and he had a book opened and was reading. The screen showed the image flickering on and off.

Wealth, poverty, financial disparity.

Highly educated, poorly educated. Educational disparity.

Urban and rural areas. Regional disparity.

Disadvantaged young people, privileged old people. Generational disparity. Japan is a disparate society. These are just a few instances I mentioned, but they truly represent the difference between heaven and hell.

The important thing to remember is that not all realities are not stagnant. The poor can rise to become wealthy, and the wealthy can fall to become poor. For example, if you don't like regional disparities, you can move to the city.