Chapter 3 : Project's Inauguration

Kanzaki Ryuji

We live in a world where justice is often influenced by societal biases, prejudices, and preconceptions. I've noticed that my perception of people is often based on what I see, hear, or read about them. But the truth is, people's perception of someone might not be the real them.

I've made assumptions about their character, behavior, or motives after observing them, but the reality is that every individual is unique, complex, and multi-dimensional. They have their own stories, struggles, and aspirations that make them who they are. They have their own flaws, virtues, and darkness.

The truth is... most of the people you meet aren't who you think they are. If you want to know if the person you're thinking of is an impostor or an ideal, you've just got to dig deeper into those memories, look at more than a few instances. You're going to get answers whether or not they are who you think they are.

I've never been able to forget that man's statements my entire life. To me, he was the person I admired most. But the truth turned out to be very different from what I had thought.

One video was all it took for me to lose all understanding of his words that I had been trying to dive deeper into since my childhood.

But what did I expect? He never made any remark of himself. I alone was to blame for judging him so quickly.

It's as though the very root of my personality is built on a lie.

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji. He's been the subject of my intense curiosity for a while now. Though, I could never have foreseen that he was his son.

Ayanokouji also altered my life. I began to believe that fighting was pointless because we were constantly facing defeat. But he completely changed it. He still helped us despite being from a different class.

Anyone, including me, would be apprehensive if someone offered to help them who belonged to a different class.

Yet the more time I spend with Ayanokouji, the more I began to realize that he's not even playing in the same game as the rest of us.

His motivations didn't even remotely appear to be centred on class points or positions.

Nonetheless, Ayanokouji was someone I decided to put my trust in for now.

However, after watching these videos, something has changed.

I want to know what's your game, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

I want to know whether your life was built on the same lie like mine or if you're a perfect example of how one wrong belief can destroy everything one believed about yourself, just like your father?

"You all already appear to be very inattentive, and it's just your first video." Eddie spoke after pausing briefly. "Would you like for me to stop playing these videos?"

"No, the information just really startled us." said Ishizaki.

"It's alright. Please go ahead and play the video." said Sakayanagi.

"That's the spirit. " He said after pausing briefly. "Play the next video."

The other teacher arrived at the ponderosa, and the video begins by displaying its title with a bold red font and scrolling text on the screen :

Project Continuum : Record δύο

Title : Project's Inauguration

It was late January, and although it wasn't snowing, the temperature was below freezing.

Under the cold weather, I had already been waiting for an hour for the
master's arrival.

"It's cold, Ayanokouji-san... When is Naoe-sensei coming...?"